WineXpert California Man Needs Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
I received a phone call from a wine maker that received a Vintner's Reserve wine kit from another store from his son as a gift. He has parkinson's disease and really can't make the wine, but does not want to dissapoint his son. He lives in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles and I am sure he would be willing to share the results with anyone who would help him make the wine. If you are interested or know someone who is, please give me a call.

George
1-866-417-1114

Way to go George, always trying to help people..
smiley32.gif
.I think it's great...sorry I can't be of help...It would a bit far for me...

I wish I was closer so I could help him. I truly enjoyed talking with the man and would love to meet him. I hope someone will see this post that is can help.

If someone is willing to donate the kit that the man has, I would be willing to make the wine, and ship it to him, complete! Bottled and labeled.

Jobe,

I will keep your offer on the table and if no one is close by, I will give him the choice. I think he wanted to be able to say he made it, butif that is the way he chooses to go, I am sure I can find a way to ship the items back and forth.

George: I should have elaberated more. I wish I could share the experience with someone like that of making your owne wine. I would love to help the man, and wish that someone does live close by that could help him through the process. But if not, without question, I would would be willing to do what I could to have this man be able to enjoy a quiet moment with his son with a glass of his home made wine. I wish I could have moments like that with my father again, I think all of us would like that.

If donations would help, Let me know. Isit the Parkinson's that keeps him from making it, or is it the wine making equipment that prevents him from making it?

Jobe,
I think we are on the same page. I just got the impression from him that he wanted to be able to tell his son that he made it. How noble is that?

It is the disease that is limiting his ability. His son bought him the whole set up, including bottles, so he has everything and I don't feel money is an object. It is all about love between a father and a son and I was just touched by his story and his sincerity. I would like to do whatever I can to make this work for the 2 of them.

Hi George,
I would love to help but am in NJ. I am an Occupational Therapist and have helped many people with Parkinson's. If there is any suggestions I can give this man over the email I would be happy to help. Is he worried more about the lifting of the carboy or the fine motor stirring/sphioning portion?? I wish I could help

I know Rex lives in California. Having said that, it's a darn big state. If anyone ever wondered why I love this forum, just follow this thread. You are all wonderful and the example, as always, is set by our fearless leader. George your the best!!
smiley10.gif

Maryland is a long ways away but, if there is any way I can assist, I'm there.

He lives in Pacific Palacaids, Which is just north (a northern suburb) of Los Angeles.

If there is any way I can help I'd be happy to. I'm in Iowa but will lend any support that I can-email, financial, good thoughts...etc.

Back