Cabernet from Home Winery Concentrate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchbanker

Junior
Reaction score
First off, sorry if concentrates go under juice buckets, I wasn't sure.

Has anyone made Cabernet (or other reds) from the concentrate HomeWinery.com sells? They seem to be an amazing deal for a product that is supposed to make 5 gallons. Would it be better to concentrate it to 3 gallons for a rich taste? Are they decent? I'm sure that price won't produce award winners, but a nice, sitting at home enjoying dinner cabernet would be great. Does it maintain color or do you need to get raisins or something to let skins ferment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

First off, sorry if concentrates go under juice buckets, I wasn't sure.

Has anyone made Cabernet (or other reds) from the concentrate HomeWinery.com sells? They seem to be an amazing deal for a product that is supposed to make 5 gallons. Would it be better to concentrate it to 3 gallons for a rich taste? Are they decent? I'm sure that price won't produce award winners, but a nice, sitting at home enjoying dinner cabernet would be great. Does it maintain color or do you need to get raisins or something to let skins ferment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how the Cabernet would turn out, reds I think are better if they are from a juice bucket or a highter end kit. But I have bought the reisling, niagara, and blackberry from them and they all have turned out very well.

If you were to get some, I'd probably lower the batch size to 3 gallons or use two for 5 or 6 gallons. Check all the important things like SG and Acid and go with it.

Thanks for the input.

I initially got into this hobby thinking it would be a great use for the huge amount of fruit our trees give in the fall. Then I started with a couple batches, and now the idea of waiting 'til fall is killing me. Going to need something to fill the void.

I don't have a 5 gallon carboy, the only 5 gallon batch I've made involved one of my three gallons and two 1 gallons. I've decided that isn't the easiest way to get things done so I was tempted to make a 3 gallon batch anyway.

Might give it a try or I might order a white wine and way over backsweeten it like my wife likes :(

You know the old saying...
"If Mamma ain't happy... ain't NOBODY happy".

Make it sweet!

Debbie

Latest posts

Back