Cabernet and Merlot Fresh Grapes from Deming, NM

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite my Italian friend! .......
smiley36.gif

20100910_213643_DSC02732.jpg

The "Do It Best" bucket is my cork humidor. I sanitized it and just used it to dump from the Brute into the press...........
smiley23.gif

all kidding aside...you are now officially part of a group of brothers ( and sisters) who have shared this thing going back 6-7 thousand years...too bad we didnt know each other when i had reason to go to NM!

one of da boys played for the Isotopes a few years back...i think i mentioned it before...watching him now...just struck someone out....grear yr last yr...astros roookie of the yr..this yr injury filled but mid 3.00 era since he returned....i lost a nice digital camera in that ball park a few years ago..did you find it by chance? :)

Thats right, I do recall you mentioning that now that you mention that!

The 'Stros were always my favorite team when I was a kid growing up in San Antonio. Used to listen to them almost every night on my "high tech" portable AM radio with nifty mono headphone jack.......

Pretty cool stuff. Arm problems this year?

Wow, BIG kid! 6'5" and 285! He could be a linebacker as well! You Fulchino's grow em big for sure!

Loved the ball getting caught up and lost in his jersey! So is Jeff a son or a nephew?

The brothers of the "purple hands"!
smiley36.gif

Al Fulchino said:
all kidding aside...you are now officially part of a group of brothers ( and sisters) who have shared this thing going back 6-7 thousand years...too bad we didnt know each other when i had reason to go to NM!

No,

I recycled them in the perennial garden as a mulch. I hope the seeds don't germinate I would have like 1,000,000 vines next spring!

son...sorry missed that

_____

i had a lady in the winery last week trying to convince me to press the grape seeds to get the oil and sell it for salads and cooking..i just looked at her..what do i know about that stuff :)

for what Wade.....for salads? health? something else?

wonder what you press with and filter etc

Salads, cooking, just about anything you wold use oil for. Dont put it in your truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley2.gif

No idea what type of press you use, perhaps a miniature fruit press eh?

We have some recipes that call for it, dressings etc. It does have a unique flavor for sure and stands up to high heat, not like any other type of oil. And of course its $$$.A small 17oz can will set you back ~$7.

right now its all in a compost pile...gonna have to re-look at this issue at some point...at least for personal use

I think for sure you would need another type of press, one that could squeeze the heck out of something that small.

Here you go, found this out on the intertubes:

Because each seed yields a small amount of oil, grapeseed oil is usually extracted chemically. The chemical extraction does have an impact on the flavor of the oil, but it makes grapeseed oil affordable for people who want to purchase it. The oil is known for being light in color and flavor, with a hint of nuttiness. It is a polyunsaturated oil, and contains beneficial compounds such as linoleic acid.

Latest posts

Back