RJ Spagnols Cab Sauvignon with grape skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride0488

Reaction score
I started this kit on April 23.SG 1.092 75 degrees F
Racked to Secondary After 6 days SG down to 1.008 (75 degrees F).Just 4 days later SG .0994 Temp up to (83 degrees)
Had a brew belt on it from begining, and temp in my basement went up 10 degrees in 1 day.I lowered temp down to 78 with wet towels.got very worried with heat so high.
Wine seem to have stopped fermenting.
I have two questions, kit instructions say approx 28 days stabilize and clearing.Should I stabilize now or wait a little longer.Also should I Top up now since no more signs of fermention.Instructions says to top up with water.I always topped up with wine.I'm sorry for such a long post but want to do the right thing.This is a Cellar Classic winery series kit

Dont be sorry, thats why we are here! You can either wait the recommended days as thats no problem since the wine is loaded with C02 anyway or do it now since Im sure its done. I wouldnt use water for any topping off IMO. If I did though it would be distilled water as the 02 has been removed. You have an excellent kit on your hands there, mines still getting better after 1 1/4 years.

Thanks Wade,
Your prompt answer is very much appreciated. I was very anxious.Based on your information, I will sit on this for another week or so. I will also only top off with wine.
Moe

Latest posts

Back