Busy day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
phew its almost done, since the misses and I were not going anywhere today, I decided that it would be a good time to catch up on wine things needed to be done. First off I cleaned and sanitized 30 bottles for a bottling. I then proceeded to bottle 29 bottles of Carlos muscadine from one of the two batches I started back in October. After completing this task, I cleaned the 6 gallon carboy and sanitized it, I then proceeded to rack the other batch of carlos to a fresh new home (getting it off the wine diamonds, I hope thats what that fine powder was at the bottom). I then cleaned that 6 gallon carboy, sanitized it and all the equipment. Not content, I then racked the Orange Blossom Mead from the 5 gallon added k-meta, and k-sorb to stabilize, degassed it, then added the rest OBM that was patiently waiting in a 1 gallon jug. Stirred and degassed it again. You would think that would be enough, but I had one last task, I racked 1 gallon of peach wine that I had resting on top of the wine rack to a clean sanitized jug. And I still don't think I've even come close to one of Northern Winos slow days.......

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

From The Gaudets

Hope you had some tastes along the way...
smiley2.gif

It doesn't take much to keep me busy...I am easily entertained.

I did have some tastes........

I tasted the carlos and although it was good, I think some time in the bottle is called for. I also tasted the peach and it was quite good much to my surprise. It has a funny bouquet, but the taste is much better than it smells. It was started back in August, so I think it has a ways to go before it comes of age as well.

Damn, I was feeling pretty good till I read your post gaudet, Now im all tired and may just crawl back in bed

That was all thanks to 15 hours of sleep. I left work early Tuesday cause I wasn't feeling up to par, I got home at 3:30pm and went to bed, I know I woke up a couple times cause nature just don't leave you along for that long. But finally got my lazy butt out of bed about 8am Wed. I am still awake after all this time. But I am going to chase those visions of sugarplums after this post. Good night good sir................

gaudet, Santa went to bed before you did last night. That isNOT a good thing!!!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back