Buon Vino minijet rust Q's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddo_69

undeadwine.tumblr.com
Reaction score
I tried searching the forums and didn't find much about minijet rust issues...

Does anyone else have problems with the minijet tightening threads getting rusty? I believe the threaded studs are stainless but I'm sure the threaded nut in the tightening knobs/handles is not stainless, unless mine are replacement knobs as I did buy mine second hand I would have assumed it all should have been stainless?

Every time I pull mine out I have to scrub the threads, and the inside of the knobs, this time I've stored mine without the knobs connected to save some time and isolate the exact issue, I'm thinking I may try to buy replacement knobs in stainless if this is the case, anyone know the thread/bolt pattern on these?

Anyone prep their unit for storage? maybe I should put some jelly or oil on the handles threads?

I tried searching the forums and didn't find much about minijet rust issues...

Does anyone else have problems with the minijet tightening threads getting rusty? I believe the threaded studs are stainless but I'm sure the threaded nut in the tightening knobs/handles is not stainless, unless mine are replacement knobs as I did buy mine second hand I would have assumed it all should have been stainless?

Every time I pull mine out I have to scrub the threads, and the inside of the knobs, this time I've stored mine without the knobs connected to save some time and isolate the exact issue, I'm thinking I may try to buy replacement knobs in stainless if this is the case, anyone know the thread/bolt pattern on these?

Anyone prep their unit for storage? maybe I should put some jelly or oil on the handles threads?

You should definitely put something on the threads capable of lubricating and protecting them from rust. Don't know the exact configuration of the minijet (have a super jet), but as long as the lubricated threads don't come into contact with your wine or filter pads, you should be ok.

Sidebar, KMS is very harsh on metal, you should thoroughly rinse and dry your equipment after every use, and yes, leave the knobs off so it can dry instead of trapping moisture inside the threaded contact areas.

Latest posts

Back