Mosti Mondiale Bulk aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep mine down in the basement with bottled wines, around 55 would probably be ideal, note that higher temps will age somewhat faster, and the biggest thing you don't want would be wide swings in temp.

Preferably between 60-65* but not as necessary as bottle aging
since it is in greater quantity and temp fluctations will not effect it
as greatly. Cooler temps will help clarify but warmer temps will have
degas although not great for the wine to keep at that temp.

Down here in Florida I keep them in a back room The temp stays around 75 in the heat of the summer. Any cooler and it would cost me an arm,leg and two of my three kids to pay the elec bill.
smiley36.gif

Might be cheaper to just give up the kids. Then they wouldn't mess with the thermostat when your back was turned.

Could you get them to take all three kids?

Ho Ho Ho CT. I ndeed more than one to satisfy the cell phone company.

Actually this is an important topic. For those of you suffering the heat in the midwest, how do you get your must temperature down. I am running around 80 degrees at the moment.

smiley4.gif

I have been using the wet towel and the fan technique. It has lowered the must temp by 5-6 degrees. It works for primary fermentation. i am going to try it if it still stays hot here in the next couple weeks for secondaryEdited by: redlover

That is a good way to do it an it doesnt cost much $ that way either. Keep the bottom of the towel in water like a wick.

Ever since SWMBO had chemo in '96 she can't really regulate temperature, so the thermostat stays at 74 and the hell with the cost. Actually this house, that we moved into 2 1/2 years ago, is much more efficient than the old one, so it is less than it was.

Back