"Bubba’s" Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
We have our annualfamily reunion coming up this weekend and the funding for these reunions is raised by an auction we hold at each one. We all bring something we have made, baked, etc. and auction if off. This year everyone was pressuring me to bring some of my wines to auction off soI have created a "Bubbas" winefor theauction.

"Bubbas Booger Bear Blackberry"

2006-06-14_193211_bbwine.jpg

"Bubbas Bodacious Muscadine"

2006-06-14_193750_bbbbwine.jpg

That looks like my backyard after a good rain
smiley36.gif
Is that Tar Heel colors?

Waldo : we might just be kin. Our family tree resembles a bush more than tree. To many "once removed ".

Waldo:

I love the label.
smiley32.gif
However I fear we've quite a bit in common. Looks like our family trees are very similar..............no branches!
smiley18.gif

LOL..I have actually done a fairly extensive genealogy research on my family from both parents side and it is quite interesting. I have our ancestry on my Fathers side traced back to1728. We did have a couple of rascals in our lineage

Waldo,

Good luck with the auction. I'll bet your wines will bring in some pretty good funding. I know I'd like to try a bottle or two of those wines. You gonna have any Mojjo grillin going on? Put a few steaks on the barbeque along with some of them taters you showed and you could auction that off!
smiley4.gif

Waldo:

genealogy too! Well, I have been working for several years and have acquired around 120,000 names in our data base dating back to 1558 in Normandy France. I can do it in short spurts at a time.

My wife an I are both of French Canadian descent, I'm third generation American and she is first generation American as well as First Nations (Native). Some where back five or six generations we're cousins. So we like to keep things in the family.
smiley36.gif

Sorry, off topic. I'm sure you'll do well with your auction as the wines look fabulous. Nothing like getting together with family.

Appleman...Definately going to Mojo this bunch
smiley36.gif
I began smoking meats for the Reunion Friday morning and took the last off the smoker about 30 minutes ago.

DSCN0002.jpg

Pepre......Genealogy is a lot of work isn't it. ButIt is so rewarding too. My plan are to continue my work when I retire and can travel to some of the locations of my ancestors and try to glean more info.

Waldo:

I think we're truly related and I must confess I didn't receive my invitation to this years reunion.
smiley9.gif

The meat is looking very verrrrrynice!!!

Yes, genealogy can consumequite a bit of time but as you say, it is so rewarding. I have been helping others with the my surname find connections and that becomes a real challange.

Are you sure you sent invites to ALL of US KIN FOLK??
smiley5.gif

Waldo,

I can almost taste that meat! Well, I gotta go find something to eat
smiley36.gif

Did anyone say genealogy?!?!?

I have traced my ancestors back to 1770 (only), but have been working on it for 17 years, off and on.

Hard to do work overseas, when there is practically nothing there to work with.
smiley19.gif

Oh Yea, that's what I like to see. Lot's of meat- even if I can't eat much!
smiley19.gif
Masta sent me some Mojjo the other day and I'm gonna grill some steaks with it tomorrow- can't wait. I only get real meat a few times a year - must have something to do with that new listing of mine-Senior Member. How did they know?
smiley5.gif

Well "Bubba" showed up at the reunion to personally auction off his wines.

2006-06-18_015038_bubba_2006.jpg

The "Booger Bear Blackberry fetched a price of 45.00 and the Bodacious Muscadine went for 70.00..WOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

WOWWW!!! That's great!
smiley4.gif

Must be the "Bubba" is well knewn for his wine making skills there!

Hope everyone had a good time.

By the way, I just noticed the dogs......... I saw them before, but this picture is closer up than the label. What a great touch(touch-up). Bet they have a hard time chewing!
smiley5.gif

Latest posts

Back