Brew pot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Is a 30 quart stainless brew pot a good size ofr almost all brewing needs? I dont see myself making huge batches but may want to do some all grain batches in the future. Is aluminum OK or will I need SS? Is this a pretty good deal with SS 30 quart pot for $179.99?
20080318_160529_Turkey.jpg

Edited by: wade

This 1 has the baskets too but I do like the SS base on yours better, thanks!

The lack of stability of the base is one reason many accidents have occurred with these fryers due to the weight of a full pot of oil and turkey.

I don't know if it is just because I live in Crawfish Country and pots and burners are cheap here but that price is very high. I bought a 32 qt SS pot with basket for $49.99 a couple months ago. You can buy a heavy jet burner with regulatorfor less than$30.00I have 3 of these. This is all of the burner you will ever need and supports my 100 qt crawfish pot just fine. It sells for less local. Every grocery, hardware, convenience store sells pots and burners here as well as Home Depot and Lowe's.

http://bayouclassicdepot.com/sp1_propane_jet_burner.htm

That set up Masta posted sells for under $100 around here. You can get it for $40.00 if you choose not to get stainless. I am sure the "Free Shipping adds at least $40.00 to the price of that set up. I paid $32.00 for a 30 qt aluminum pot, basket and burner turkey fryer set upof the same brand.

Thanks Smurf. I dont know what to do as the all SS are a little pricey but I want the thing to last a long time. They do have the Aluminum 30 qt poy set up w/burner for $60. Is something like this good enough or will I be sorry soon?

Thanks again Masta, that ball check fitting on your pot, is it welded or is it a tightened fitting?

It is not welded but a SS weldless fitting kit that includes a high temperature o-ring I purchased. The SS valve andother parts came from another source.

Edited by: masta

Thats what I thought you posted in another post but couldnt get back to find it.

Back