Bottling Tip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Robusto

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but here is a tip for bottling.

If you aare like me, sometimes getting a siphon going and keeping it going can be a bit of a challenge. When bottling this time, i transferred my wine from the 6 gallon carboy back to my fermentor. Then placed it up on my work table. I then connected my bottling wand to the spigot on the fermentor and bottled from there.

I let gravity do the work, instead of me fussing with it. Made things a bit simpler.

Just a thought for anyone like me...lol
smiley2.gif

Ditto...that's how we do it too....we use a short peice of hose hooked to the spigot and wand...then I can sit and bottle away...My honey does the corking.

What is this bottling to which you refer? Don't you just drink right out of the big glass jug?
smiley36.gif

PolishWineP said:
What is this bottling to which you refer? Don't you just drink right out of the big glass jug?
smiley36.gif

Mine sits right next to my chair in the living room and I have a big straw so I dont have to get up. :)

I thought the spigot was for filling the glass..... geez now I have to change my ways ......AGAIN.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back