bottling question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA-BOY

Reaction score
How long should I wait to bottle after sweetening my muscadine wine, I added the approprate K+ sorb. to prevent the possibility of referm. One week, two weeks, thanks for the help LA-BOY......BTW its snowing in louisiana, need snow chains or maybe a plow, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually wait a week to make sure it doesn't begin to referment and then bottle.

Snow!? In Louisiana??????

We are set up for the latest first measureable snow in history here near the Canadian border in NYS.!

LA-BOY said:
How long should I wait to bottle after sweetening my muscadine wine, I added the approprate K+ sorb. to prevent the possibility of referm. One week, two weeks, thanks for the help LA-BOY......BTW its snowing in louisiana, need snow chains or maybe a plow, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA-Boy..Come here man..have a sit down and let me splain something to ya. That there Muscadine you done made is very fragile and needs some tender luving care most other wines dont necessarily need. First and foremost you want to let it age properly. 8-10 months minimum....12-18 is better but even I have trouble adhering to that so i'll not harp on that too much. Yep, you can go ahead and bottle it now and let it age in the bottle but that more n likely aint a gonna happen..once ya get it outa that big ole heavy jug and into them little bottles it just make it harder to let it age. More especially iffen yore family and friends know you have a stash of Muscadine. Man they will be coming at ya, slobbering all over ya, doing whatever they can to con you out of your Muscadine. I swear its so man...A man that wouldnt think of stealing anything else will cast all inhibitions aside to get at a bottle of that fine wine. So you see what im a trying to tell ya dont ya. Next, whether you decide to bottle or leave it in the carboy..it wants to be in the dark..Use dark bottles if you and when you do bottle and if you decide to listen to someone who knows just a little bit bout what they are talking about ( i ANIT JEST ANOTHER PURDY FACE YA KNOW) and age it in the carboy then you keep er wrapped up all nice n cozy in a dark towel or blanket. Itz ok to put a set of headphones on that carboy ever now and then tooand play it a little Pink Floyd, Jimi hendrix or Janis Joplin.

Waldo, I
smiley27.gif
you! You have such a way with words. =)

Thanks Waldo, It has taken me just over 3 months to produce this hopefully masterpiece. My friends do know about it and as you already pointed out are licking there lips for a x-mas present of it. It tasted very good today before sweetening it so I am sure it's outcome will be good.I have plenty of my other previous wines so if I can control myself I will wait as long as i can to bottle, Maybe another month, two, or three. Putting it in a closet and forgetting about it will be hard but I will try. Thanks again for the wise words. LA-Boy, BTW still snowing, too wet for accumilation, but pretty and the kids are going crazy................

Latest posts

Back