Bottling Bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
Just read about a "Bottling Bucket". Tell me more, first time I seen this term.
Does this mean that you don't bottle out of the carboy?

Thanks

Semper Fi

It's probably just a Primary Fermentation bucket with a spigot on it. Hook your bottling setup onto it and bottle away.

Just read about a "Bottling Bucket". Tell me more, first time I seen this term.
Does this mean that you don't bottle out of the carboy?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Did you read that in a beer making forum? I would suppose you could bottle from a bucket with spigot but your wine would defenitly have to be clear so that you wouldn't bottle any less that may be in bottom of bucket. Buy a bottle filler wand, they are cheap $5 and they hook right up to your tubing off of your racking cane.

Bud:

Some people (especially beer brewers, it seems) like to use a bottling bucket. It's really just a primary with a spigot, as Flem mentioned. You still need a bottle filling wand to attach to the spigot.

I much prefer to use an Auto-Siphon with hose and bottle filling wand. Although I usually bottle wine out of a carboy, I sometimes bottle it out of a bucket, if I wanted to rack off sediment one more time.

I bottle beer out of a primary after racking off sediment and stirring in priming sugar. Still use the auto-siphon/hose/wand.

Steve

As CPAN said rack off the secondary to a bottling bucket if you have no other means of bottling. Put a gravity bottle filler on the spigot from the bottling bucket. Fill bottles and cork.

I never bottle wine or beer from a carboy. I always use a bottling bucket. Bucket I use has NO spigot. I use the Boun Vino Bottle Filler so no need for a spigot.

Buon Vino Bottle Filler.jpg

Latest posts

Back