bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

difran

Junior
Reaction score
I live in ny woundering if anybody knows were to buy bulk bottles, pick up or have them delivered

I dont buy mine, I get them free at a recycling center by asking the people who work there, I usually give them a few bottles for saving them for me. Just to give you an idea, I call Saturday morn. around 8:00 and go down around 2;30 and they usually have about 130 bottles for me. I asked for 1 gallon jugs once and when I got there they had 27 of them for me! :sh

I don't buy any either.
Ask all your friends for empties
Trash pick or ask a place that sells alot of wine Like a high end restaurant
If you are in a "deposit" state you can get them there.

I don't buy mine either - i get most of mine from a restaurant - my sister knows the bar tender - he saves them and gives them to me.

I do give them some bottles of wine for the free bottles :h.

I also get my bottles for free, from friends and family. Plus i girl i went to school with parents own a highend rest, so i can get about 2 doz bottles a weekend from them. If you get them from your friends just ask them to rinse them out or if there to lazy to do that just tell them to stick the old cork back in. Def saves time cleaning!

I live in NY and you can get bottles from Waterloo Container in appropriately enough, Waterloo (near Geneva). They sell from cases to truckloads.

Just do a google search for wine bars or restaurants in your neighborhood. They always seem willing to help out. The wine bar by me saves bottles in the cases (always handy). He tells me that he is saving a ton of money by not having to call in for his recycling dumpster to be picked up half as often. There are about 5-6 guys that he saves bottles for.

Hunt around and get them for free or @2.00 a case. You can get them from Waterloo container (ment. above) if you like. I was considering a pallet of bordeau until my wife said we have no room for a pallet of bottles.

We do if we really want to!

Latest posts

Back