Bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fruit n Nut

Reaction score
Had to make room for some more wine,so bottled a couple of single galls,also my first ones with labels, misplaced some corks but will do them at the weekend

2005-09-30_071728_Bottling.JPG
Edited by: Winemaster

Lol, yeah sorry was side tracked whilst doing the post, amongst the mix are,

Blackberry, Blackberry blush,Pineapple,Pearall in 1 gall, I'm sure some of you will have noticed there's only 23 bottles there and not 24, well er....one was consumed
smiley36.gif

So you're using them little plastic corky lookin' thangs until you can get
some
real corks?Edited by: peterCooper

These will have corks in them by tomorrow evening, a rare oversight on my behalf, but I do sometimes use these "plastic ones" for some wines (mainly the juice ones) that are going to be drunk pretty quick whilst waiting for the scratch wines to mature
smiley1.gif

Jus' kidding.
The pineapple and pear look very appetizing.
Looks like a good job, well done.

Great looking wines. That Pineapple especially. I have never tried a Pineapple wine. What is it like?

Harry,

The Pineapple was made from the fruit, sliced n diced and fermented on the pulp for 4 days before straining into secondary.

Waldo,

The Pineapple suprised me to to be honest, I was led to believe that not much flavour would come through but not so.This is my third batch of the Pineapple all have turned out more or less the same and for once the flavour is that of the initial ingrediant used if you know what I mean, one thing I will add though is I prefer it around the 1005/1010 mark not too keen if its dry.

Hi all,

I made a gallon of pine-apple from the fruit and it is clearing nicely and I believe it will finish in a Chardonnay style. It tastes and smells great. Just wish my Apricot Rose that I started in early July would clear. I've tried Sparkolloid and Super-Kleer and it is still very cloudy and hasn't appeared to clear at all. If you have any other suggestions to help me I would appreciate it. Your wines are so clear and pretty.

Ramona

p.s. I diduse the called for amount of pectic enzyme.Edited by: rgecaprock

Thank You, George!

That helps alot...I'll be working on that problem...RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Ramona is it free of dissolved CO2? That darned stuff could keep a Spanish galleon in suspension!
smiley36.gif

Back