Bottled my 1st Skeeter Pee :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGJEFF

Reaction score
I'm pretty proud of my self, it's my first "from scratch" wine, the result tastes and looks awsome IMO :try

IMG00105-20101020-2020.jpg

IMG00102-20101019-2015.jpg

It is a great feeling of accomplishment. You'll find yourself just starring at them. Pat yourself on the back.

thanks!!

Next:

orange wine is starting to clear nicely...
there's also the blueberry wine relaxing in it's demi-john...
and I got a batch of blueberry "purple pee" going and some hard ice tea.

OH! I almost forgot my everything wine in secondary and a kit of white Zinfadel fermenting...

Working hard to fill up that wine rack! :)

Last edited:
Very nice color, and I like the label.

I'm making my first batch of Skeeter Pee. It took me about 5 days to get the darn stuff going, but after bumping up the temp to 75 degrees, and working introducing a starter, it is boiling like a kettle.

I can't wait till mine looks like yours. Did you keep it dry, or did you back sweeten?:pee

Very nice color, and I like the label.

I'm making my first batch of Skeeter Pee. It took me about 5 days to get the darn stuff going, but after bumping up the temp to 75 degrees, and working introducing a starter, it is boiling like a kettle.

I can't wait till mine looks like yours. Did you keep it dry, or did you back sweeten?:pee

I followed de original recipe to a T, backsweeted with 6 cups of sugar...
I started my seconsd one with a blueberry slurry, I'm tempted to bs it with blueberry syrup...

They look great. Don't let too many friends get a taste of it; you'll keep bugging you for more. The blueberry slurry and syrup should make for a very nice drink. Let me know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back