Bottled first wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCtex

Junior
Reaction score
Just bottled my first wines yesterday. I did 1 gal of Apfelwin and 3 gal of Peach Mango and both taste pretty good. Hoping they improve with a little aging. Purchased a floor corker and glad I did. It was a very easy process, nothing like I expected. Now I can't decide what to do next. Glad I found this site with the wealth of knowledge that can be found.
CC

Last edited:
Congratulations. Its a good feeling having your first batch in bottles. Now the tough part will be not to drink them for a while. Get a few more batches going so that you will build up a supply. It took me over a year to build up a decent supply so that wines can age a bit longer.

id start a 5 gal batch of apfelwein. did you happen to save the slurry from your peach mango? if so use it for a batch of skeeter pee. peach mango would make a great summer time drink. and yes the apfel will def mellow out with time. 6 months not bad but wait till the year mark, its so much better.

What was your recipe for your peach mango? sounds like a really good combo

Got the recipe here that Duster posted. Here is the recipe and link.

1-gal peach/mango juice (buy extra for an f-pac and to top off when you rack)
3-C sugar (bring sg up to 1.085)
1/2-t acid blend
1-t pectic enzyme
1/4-t tannin (powdered)
1/2-t energizer
1- crushed campden tablet
1-pkg Premier Cuvee yeast

heat 4 cups of the juice on the stove and desolve the sugar into the juice, add it with all other Ingredients, except yeast and campden tablet, to your primary. Allow must to cool and check your starting sg and adjust accordingly. once you have it at 1.085 add your crushed campden tablet, give it a good stir and let set about 12 hours. the next morning pitch your yeast and finish as normal.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11250&page=2

Did you happen to save the slurry from your peach mango?

I didn't save the slurry but I think I saw on here where some have made a starter for the SP. SP was something I was considering since it sounds like it is a quick drinker. I need to do some more searching on the process for a starter.
CC

Great to hear it turned out good. Im on my 3rd batch and think it gonna be my best. Learning learning learning and finding what you like I guess. The peach sounds good. I found out too that a few weeks of sitting really does tame the more strong or bitterness out of it a little and the flavor does improve. Im hoping to let my newest sit for a while now.

Latest posts

Back