Bottled First Kit Today--Banana Pineapple Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAwinedude

Seed Separator
Reaction score
Well, I finally made it----Started this kit on 26 Sep 09 and after a couple rackings, I bottled it this afternoon. Overall, I am pretty stoked....A special thanks to Wade and Appleman! Your advice was great.

Especially not hurrying it into the bottle. My wife couldn't believe how clear this wine came out!

I got a full 30 bottles......well...29, because one is almost gone

I am working a Valpolicella and CRP and I will start the Unwooded Chard in a couple days. Its easy to see why people get hooked on this hobby

BTW, It tastes great!

Prior to Bottling
20091122_171500_100_1451.JPG

Transfer To Bucket

20091122_172236_100_1456.JPG

First Glass====Yes I know its not a wine glass

20091122_172145_100_1460.JPG

First Bottle--Filled it to much and tried to sneak the cork in....(got to have a couple learning points too) BTW its a Amber Bottle

20091122_172733_100_1463.JPG

The Full Monty---Still deciding on labels...etc. So not completely finished

20091122_172948_100_1467.JPG

Congratulations! Looks like a fine batch. There is a lot of great advice on this forum about labels too - I've learned a lot here.

Man, it does look great! Congrats!

I do wonder what Banana Pineapple Viognier tastes like tho. I like pineapple in many forms but never had it in wine.

The taste is unique to say the least. Once poured, you get a nice aroma of banana and pineapple in the glass. Neither is overpowering at all....It has the look and body of wine and it has a very refreshing taste.

I would make the kit again. If i tasted this in a tasting room, I would purchase it. Its nice to drink anytime...

I would also call this a "converter" wine! Give this to your buddies/friends who say they don't like wine.......They will be asking you for more.

thanks for the kind words

It's great that it turned out to your satisfaction. That's always a bonus. Just keep on making them and expanding your learning of this great hobby. How many hobbies are there out there that you can drink up and enjoy the finsished product?

Congrats and mine is very good also. I bumped mine up to around 10 abv and it worked well.

Looking great!

Congrats on your first bottling. May you have many more successful bottlings in the future.
smiley32.gif

hey looks great, good job. i also have that wine already and it tastes great. its very mellow and has a nice aroma of bananas and pineapple.

Hey Pa, wait till you taste it in a couple/ 6 months, flavors really come out by then. had this in the bottle since about may 09. like was said flavor is just right between the 2 fruits, not over powering at all.

Latest posts

Back