Bottle filling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy

Junior
Reaction score
I just purchased an automatic filler-E.N.O.L. Does anyone have experience or know anything about it? We just bottled 75 bottles and it seemed to put air in the bottle or the air was in the wine. Any input on auto fillers would be helpful. thank you kathy

What do you mean by "air in the wine"? Are you seeing little bubbles in the wine? Do you have the filter with the filler or just the filler? If you are seeing bubbles it could be CO2 gas in the wine. Maybe the wine didn't get degassed good enough.

If you filtered the wine as well I have noticed with my filter if I filter and bottle immediately I sometimes see little air bubbles. I try to filter and let sit for a month in the carboy before bottling.

I have never used this filler but have been looking at it. How fast does it pump the wine into the bottle? It should be sort of slow or I am sure you can introduce some air into the liquid if it aerates the wine any as it fills.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

it is an adjustable from a trickle to more. It fills in less than 10 seconds, wonderful unit. The bubbles are very tiny, I thought that it was degassed, stirred it real good but bottled immediately after stirring.
The first batch, with the new filler, to be bottled was a Riesling that had a combination of argon, nitrogen gas put on it after the last racking. There were no bubbles in it.
Next bottling was 1 week later.The next batch was a Pinot Noir. It was stirred. Added a little sugar 1/2 cup to 5 gallons and bottled. As the wine was coming up the tube I saw little bubbles at times. It went into the wine bottle and we saw bubbles. My husband used the vaccum pump and tried to get as much of the air out of the wine bottle as possible.
Forgot to answer your question-no filter with the filler. May get one later. I love this filler but of course I am still learning. thank you kathy

Since your system uses vacuum, I would guess you didn't degas as well as you thought. I have long been looking at the ENOL.

Please use it and let us know after a while. I would love tosee a report on this forum for this equipment.

Did you buy the filter unit too?

2 of the 3 batches of wine that we bottled had a slight fizz to them after opening. They have been bottled for 3 months. I really think that the problem of the bubbles on bottling was my fault-the fermentation was not done. So I will be bottling in the next 2 weeks and will let you know how that works. I love the filler-so quick and smooth. Has anyone else used this type of filler? thank you kathy

I have the Buon Vino Fill Jet. It fills a bottle in about 17 secs. It worksfine. I can bottle almost as fast as my wife can cork, but not quite. It was missing a steel ring to set the fill height. I don't need it all the time as the max fill is about right for most bottles but I bought one at a local hardware store for the times I do. The one I have is a little bigger than a floor corker. Together my Fill Jet and Super Jet cost more than the Enol but I can also use my Super Jet to rack.

Just completed bottling about 2800 bottles of Shiraz. this is the 3rd year I have used the enol matic and it is great. The only mistake I made this year was to have the wine a lot higher than the filler. Makes all the seals leak and all the bottles get wet with wine. Put the wine lower than the filler no problems.
You have to be carefull of the joint in the solid wand unless you get a really good seal you will suck air into the pipe (evident by small bubbles in wine delivery tube).
Just wish it was faster. 200 bottles an hour - 2800 bottles = 14 hours. and belive me it takes longer than that.
Anton

welcome to the forum Anton! 2,800 bottles!! Good lord! Please give us some background. You must have a commercial winery eh?

Welcome Zonta....hope you tell us about yourself...I'm sure you have a lot more tips we all can use...Thanks for Posting

Welcome Zonta223, thats a lot of Shiraz! Do you have other varietals also?

Welcome Zonta, you must tell us about yourself and your grape growing, wine making experiences.

OH Yea...........

We like lots of
20070408_071851_camera2011.gif
Edited by: jobe05

Ah Zonta, 2800 bottles of Australian Shiraz...... yummmmmmmm
I love a good Australian Shiraz. Do you grow your own, or do you buy the grapes/must? You must post us your recipee and show us a few pictures. You are on the other side of the world from most of us, but we are all addicted to this hobby. WELCOME
smiley4.gif

zonta223 said:
Just completed bottling about 2800 bottles of Shiraz. this is the 3rd year I have used the enol matic and it is great. The only mistake I made this year was to have the wine a lot higher than the filler. Makes all the seals leak and all the bottles get wet with wine. Put the wine lower than the filler no problems.
You have to be carefull of the joint in the solid wand unless you get a really good seal you will suck air into the pipe (evident by small bubbles in wine delivery tube).
Just wish it was faster. 200 bottles an hour - 2800 bottles = 14 hours. and belive me it takes longer than that.
Anton
And where do you live?
smiley2.gif

2800 bottles by 715 forum members, we should each get 3 bottles, some lucky ones 4.

Back