Bob Builds a Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
appleman said:
You don't watch infomercials do you Waldo?

It is a plastic jig with a metal sleeve and special drill bits that drill holes in at an angle and then you use a self tapping panhead screw to fasten two pieces of wood together.

Appleman, funny you should bring up the Kreg infomerical. It is because of that infomerical I used the Kreg pocket jig and screws. I was amazed just how well the Kreg system works.

Like most winemakers, I am cheap, so I did not buy the deluxe Kreg Jig for $140 but went to Lowes and purchased the Mini jig for $40.

For building my rack, it worked great. The jig works as they show on TV, drilling holes at the proper angle and the self tapping screws grip and hold the two pieces of wood very tightly. It really adds a nice finishing touch to the rack.

I used the screws for the jig, but face screwed them so they show. It adds a bit of character to them that way, rather than hiding them. Mine are functional rather than showpieces like yours.

I use that jig quite a bit when making cabinet frames or newel posts for rail systems, they work great for almost everything especially door frames and casings! At most cabinet shops they have pneumatic table machines for this instead so all you do is insert the wood and hit the foot pedal.

I use the Kreg Jig for all my cabinets, shelves and furniture too! I have the Kreg Master system but mine is several years old. Does not have all the goodies shown but the price was about $120. Do
not think I could build anything without. The ease of building is
amazing. GO KREG!!!
As Appleman says - go to www.kregtool.com and check them out.

rrawhide

That's a horrible thing to happen…. Wait a second that was my wine
smiley18.gif
. Sorry again.
smiley9.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

That's right Ivan- it was a horrible thing- waste a perfectly great wine for staining with! I would have rather drunk the wine and used regular stain on the rack. The wines were great. I have one tiny bottle left and am waiting for a special occasion for that one. Thanks again.

Glad to see you. I haven't heard miuch from you lately.

Latest posts

Back