Blueberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hippie,

Alls seem great... When I put a light to it, it's like a black hole, Light goes in but doesn't come out
smiley9.gif
I've got a 5gal, 3gal, and a 1 gal carboy of the stuff. The all carboys have a good amount of fall out after a couple of days. Would you say it's recommended not to rack again till the fermentation is complete? Sorry for the elementary questions, but this is the kind of stuff I get to thinking about... Simple minded from all the wine I drink......Thanks, for the help! Aj

No, don't rack again until SG is the same for a few days, which should mean ferment is over. If it has slowed down and no longer foaming up, top it up to within 2 inches of the bottom of the bung or airlock stem (whichever is lowest) and put it somewhere dark or a box over it, where it won't get under 68*F or over 78*F, if possible.Forget about it for a month.

Hippie,

The Fizz-X on a drill works like a champ. First time I used it was on some Muscadine wine yesterday. I racked it and added campden and sorbate, spun the hell out of it. All in all a couple of minutes I guess. It foamed for a while and then quit. What's the rull of thumb on how many time this operation should be preformed before it's bottled? Just for an update, The blue berry we talked about previous is still fermenting very slow...

As always..... THANKS,Aj

Latest posts

Back