Blueberry Pomegranate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBB

Reaction score
So I finally started this last night after racking my apple wine into glass since I had a mess going anyway.:h

Here is the recipe I went with:

18 cans of Old Orchard frozen concentrate + water to 6gal
1 1/2 tsp of tannin
3 tsp of Energizer
3 tsp of Nutrient
3 tsp of Pectic Enzyme
original S.G. measured at 1.046. Added 5.75lbs of sugar to a S.G. of 1.082
PH measured at 3.28
Yeast used was RedStar Premier Cuvee

was bubbling away this morning. Smells real good and if it turns out as good as the Cranberry I made in this style I'll be very happy.

Oh I think it will. This is turning into one of my favorite fruit wines. The only other thing I would suggest to test your acid. I don't know for sure, I don't have my notes handy but I think the acid was on the high side.

Also, I backsweeten with a couple of cans of blue/pom as well.

Definitely back sweeten with a few cans of the concentrate. It will enhance the flavor even more.

I'll back sweeten a little for a semi dry and after I bottle 10-12 ill sweeten a little more for 2 different wines.

The concentrates are great as a wine or as a base for others as jalapeño.

This is my favorite to make and drink. I mix the pom blueberry with pure pom juice and back sweeten with the pure pom.

I cannot find the frozen concentrate of BluePom in my area, and I caught an area grocery with the OceanSpray 100% blue pom for under $3/gallon and I bought every container they had. The downside: my of-age son and his friends raided my juice stash and drank half of what I purchased. They found it blended well with vodka (and the girls were quite happy!). I guess it could have been worse if they raided my wine stash--they have a fondness for peach port (which I have hidden). Finally last week, another store actually had the same BluePom in stock (never carried it before) and I was able to purchase replacements. Cannot wait to get this started, just waiting on a carboy--which means, I really should bottle something...goodness knows I have stuff ready.

I cannot find the frozen concentrate of BluePom in my area, and I caught an area grocery with the OceanSpray 100% blue pom for under $3/gallon and I bought every container they had. The downside: my of-age son and his friends raided my juice stash and drank half of what I purchased. They found it blended well with vodka (and the girls were quite happy!). I guess it could have been worse if they raided my wine stash--they have a fondness for peach port (which I have hidden). Finally last week, another store actually had the same BluePom in stock (never carried it before) and I was able to purchase replacements. Cannot wait to get this started, just waiting on a carboy--which means, I really should bottle something...goodness knows I have stuff ready.

Sara, my first blue/pom came from OceanSpray and to be honest I liked it better than the concentrate blue/pom. You are going to like this wine, that is if you can keep the boys away from it :)

Racked to glass this morning. Interesting color.
Blueberry-Pomergranate.jpg

All of these have a great color. As it clears some color will disappear but become sharp and clear. Just added 2 cans to my 3 1/2 gallons of pomegranate cranberry. Gravity became 1.020 but isn't too sweet. Good chilled

almost looks like dragons blood with the sorbate addition, looks great!

i see you have 3 cans per gallon would you then add 1 per gallon as an fpack totaling 4 cans per gallon?

Those cans are mostly sugar. I think I checked the juice from one and it was 1.060

You probably only need one or two cans to back sweeten a five gallon batch.

Use the Pearson square formula if you know what gravity you like. Go slow as you can always add more but not remove.

I bottled my second batch of blueberry pomagranite a couple days ago. Had 1 bottle that I poured the bottom of the carboy into a bottle and t had some dust in the bottom so I sat it on a shelf to settle and tonight I opened it. All I can say is WOW. I thought my first attempt was good but compared to this it was just alright.

I bottled my second batch of blueberry pomagranite a couple days ago. Had 1 bottle that I poured the bottom of the carboy into a bottle and t had some dust in the bottom so I sat it on a shelf to settle and tonight I opened it. All I can say is WOW. I thought my first attempt was good but compared to this it was just alright.
How long did you age it before bottling?

So how long do you age it before you open a bottle?

It depends. This is my first year and I've let some age 2 to 3 months and the longest so far is 7 months. I am letting it age more now that I've built up a stockpile :br .

The blueberry pom. is drinkable at 4 months but the flavor really starts to come out at 6.

Latest posts

Back