Blueberry-Pomegranate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
Been a while since I started a new wine. So I went into the magic closet that holds all my ingredients and the jars of blueberry & pomegranate were begging to become wine. So I decided to grant their wish.

Pretty Color
20100619_143943_DSCN5778_Deskto.JPG

20100619_144420_DSCN5780_Deskto.JPG

Take off - Happy Yeast!

That sounds very good. Were these juices that were steam extracted some time ago?

I cheated........
Bought them from the health food store a while ago. They are the "Just Juice" kind, the ones that don't use apple or grape juice as fillers, but I don't remember the brand name.

wade said:
Interesting. I by juices like that often to use as f-pacs.

Interesting - I agree. I've read other threads where folks have done this so I figured why not.
For f-pacs I usually steam juice extra and freeze it for later use.

Maybe someday ill get a steam juicer but for now Im happy just fermenting on the skins. Every year I seem to find more and more fruits though so I can see this in my future so that I can can it like you and others.

The Blue/Pom is dry and has had a steady SG for 3 days now so its been kmetaed & sorbated. In a few days I'll sweeten this add a bit of light oak and let it sit.

20100629_105042_DSCN5803_Deskto.JPG

Looks really good !!!!Do you need a taste tester ????

I would volunteer
smiley36.gif

BOB

fivebk said:
Looks really good !!!!Do you need a taste tester ????

I would volunteer
smiley36.gif

BOB

Well come on down, I had enough of a taste to know its really dry and will need an fpac, along with the oak. I know we should taste along the way, but green wines just taste ....... well ...... green. Which is why I have no problem waiting for my wines to mature.

Sure looks tasty vcasey...What kind of oak are you going to use on it?

Med. toast french or the light oak I originally said I would use, it'll depend on my mood at the time.

Decided to bottle this yesterday. Nice wine with lots of pom, dark and really nice once it opens up. I tend to leave a glass out all day and taste it through out the day just to see haw it evolves and as the day went by this really opened up in both taste and aroma. Now the wine will be put away for a year or so to be truly enjoyed once it has had time to do its magic in the bottle.

20110309_084438_DSCN5940_Deskto.JPG

Nice job! I like the labels. The wine sounds excellent too!

Mike

NICE SOUNDING COMBO i HAVE BLURRY WINE AT ITS PEAK WAITING FOR ME TO DO SOMETHING CREATIVE WITH IT AND POM JUICE READY, ALONG WITH A VOIGNIER BASE BALANCED OUT SHOULD MAKE FOR A FAIR TASTE TREAT.
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back