Blueberry Pomegranate Frozen Concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am making a 5 gallon batch of this wine I added 15 cans of concentrate and brought SG to 1.10. I added everything and used Camden tablets to kill wild yeast. Let sot for 48hrs and pitched yeast. Its been 24hrs and no activity fermentation/airlock bubbles yet. Suggestions? Re-pitch? In read the orchard container and it does say 100% juice but states juice blend. Has anyone been successful with orchard? I made one a few months ago using blueberry juice from trader joes and it was very active 100% blueberry juice. But it was pricey so I wanted to try concentrate and figured pomegranate would add to flavor.

What is the must temp, it might just need warming up some.

Not related to why it has not started yet, but have you noticed it contains very little pomegranate juice. The label ingredients list them in order of quantity and nearly always they are mostly apple juice. I guess as long as it has some pomegranate juice they can call it pomegranate.

I used premier cuvee as yeast and temp is 70. I also noticed its ,mostly apple juice. As I said if you have a trader joes they have blueberry and a blueberry pomegranate that bare both good, but $4 for 32 and 64oz respectively instead of $1.15 for orchard. Temp was warmer for prior batch.

Think I would have brought the Sg up to about 1.085, I have made it and is pretty good but contents are mostly apple juice

It was definitely the temp, I wrapped the ferment or in blankets and put one in the dryer... Not even five minutes and the airlock started bubbling. I do not have a heater but may need a way to keep the temp up

Some store bought juice and concentrates already have kmeta in the ingredients. This could be why you had a hard ferment start. When I use juice or concentrates for wine I usually don't add kmeta until the secondary.

Latest posts

Back