WineXpert Blueberry Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
This is a nice quicky for those who are looking for a wine in a hurry but one thats not too sweet. I dont think I would bump up tha ABV on this 1 to much as it is very balanced as is. Its just a hint of Blueberry in the back. Definitely 1 of the best IM's in my opinion!

Wade,

Did you add the full F-pack? How sweet was it? Syrup or slightly sweet? Did you bump up the ABV any? If so, how much?

I made it right to the T as this 1 was for my wife and if I played with it and she didnt like it then I would be in big trouble. This is not a sweet one. It is actually very nice kinda like the green apple and the peach apr. chard. One of a few that are not syrup.

WE added 5# and it didn't come out too sweet for our tastes, but nice and with a hint of the blueberry. I think anymore would affect the pinot flavor.

Very nice right now, probably a great one at 6-7 months.

Wade,

It is the IslandMist White Zinfandel. I figured it was to be sweet. I will definitely be asking you questions, so you are forwarned. lol
I like to sit on the back patio with a nice gourmet cheese, crackers and wine.
uavwmn

Have you ever tried the American Vintage wine crackers? they are actually made with wine and are just awesome. They have red wine crackers and white wine crackers.

Wade,
I was planning on making this one at the request of a friend (you know...you make one kit wine that isn't absolutely undrinkable and the request from friends come pouring in!
smiley36.gif
).

She likes her wine a little sweeter and I wanted to get a read on how this one turned out. I think if its not "totally dry" (as in a camel walking across the desert dry....yummy!) she'll be happy....

Obviously by the previous comment...I am NOT a big "sweet" wine fan...unless of course its a Sauterne, or a Port, or...dang.....
smiley9.gif

This is 1 of the best IM's there is! It isnt very sweet at all unlike the blackberry cab or white zin to name a few but even those are good. I rate this 1 very high for an IM and will make it again when I get low. Everyone can appreciate this 1 especially when its warm out.

Wade, thanks for the feedback. I was contemplating making this kit so my wife would have something to give to her friends who might not like my dry reds. Great to hear about your success.

Wade,

I was thinking about going to Wholefoods and seeing if I can lay my hands on some dried blueberries to add during primary fermenation.

Thoughts?

wade said:
I made it right to the T as this 1 was for my wife and if I played with it and she didnt like it then I would be in big trouble. This is not a sweet one. It is actually very nice kinda like the green apple and the peach apr. chard. One of a few that are not syrup.

I didn't follow this one to the T when I made it. I decided to add 5 pounds sugar after I had it all in the primary. When I added the bag of sugar it displaced most of a gallon. I started 2 other Pinot's at the same time so I ended up with almost a whole gallon of the Pinot. I decided I didn't want only 2/3 of the F-pack in the big batch, so I added a good 1/3 of it to that gallon. It finished out ahead of the bigger one, so I bottled it. My wife and others love the sweeter one, and I must say that although it is sweet, the blueberry is better with a higher concentration. This is one I would add the whole f-pack to without hesitation. I recently bottled the rest and the blueberry is very subdued-barely perceivable. Certainly more towards Pinot than blueberry.

I think if I make this one again, I would add in about 5-8 pounds of blueberries per 6 gallon batch and sweeten with a little extra syrup after.Edited by: appleman

Bovine, I think that would be a good idea and may do the same as I have 2 more of these on hand since my wife and mother liked this 1 so much and it really is good but does lack a little blueberry flavor. I will probably do the same and have some blueberry flavoring on hand if more needed but this mixture of Blueberry and Pinot really goes together well.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">3510 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C2793_sm.gif
</td>
<td width="20%">

BlueberryFlavoring - For wine and beer (4 oz.)
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$3.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>

Latest posts

Back