Blackberry Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Smith

Junior
Reaction score
Hi folks I have made blackberry wine and would like to fortify it with alcohol to give it a port characteristic could any one please advise % of spirit to add to achieve a really flavoursome warming drink
Kind regards
Mick Smith

Most ports are right at 20%. Depending on your current abv and amount of wine will determine how much 40% abv brandy you will need to add. Do you know your current abv and how many liters/gallons?

Hi folks I have made blackberry wine and would like to fortify it with alcohol to give it a port characteristic could any one please advise % of spirit to add to achieve a really flavoursome warming drink
Kind regards
Mick Smith

I just bottled my blackberry port today. Ended up using neutral grape spirits (95% alc). Some time with oak made it rich and tasty.

You may want to consider using everclear for your spirits. The higher alcohol level allows you to use less which means less dilution of your blackberry flavor. Of course the Brandy brings its own flavor which you may prefer.

Latest posts

Back