Blackberry/Diversol...mmm

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penderwoman

Junior
Reaction score
Hi...yesterday I racked my wine for the first time from the secondary carboy to another carboy. My intent was to get it off the lees which were getting a bit much. So...I was also doing some canning in the kitchen, and things were brisk and busy. I accidently put 1/8th tsp of diversol in my wine following the racking, thinking I had the packet of Kmet in my hands....Seriously, do you think I should dump it? I'm kinds worried...about 1/8th tsp in 5 gallons of wine....dang !:m

While my first reaction would be to just dump it, that may not be necessary. I'd say read up on diversol in a MSDS Date Sheet first. :rdo

yeah, I did read up on it, and it seems it's used for so many things. So....I tried the wine yesterday and it was fine. As Diversol is a caustic I figure if it didnt burn me at all,it's maybe ok. it didnt affect the taste either. I'm going to leave it for now and continue to read up on it.

Latest posts

Back