BLACK FRIDAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check PM
smiley2.gif

The things I want are always so specific that I give SWMBO a list with store, description, item number and URL. Either that or a catalog with pages dog-eared and items circled.

First of all, I have to take a Xanax before I go to Wal-mart in my neighborhood. I really have an anxiety attack and I think it is the people.

While in Oklahoma they have a small country Wal-mart and they are the friendliest people you've ever seen!!! Everyone says Howdy, everyone smiles, and that is the people shopping in the store. The employees are even more friendly and helpful. It is a true pleasure to go there and see what real humans are like.

I definitely stay out of the stores on BlackFriday here in Houstonand I was at the Atoka,Ok Walmart and the antiques stores but it was truly a different and pleasant experience!!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

I hear ya there Ramona as Im not good in crowds where people just dont care. I become someone else and start to get very unpleasant and outspoken and I dont mean in a good way. I have to stay out of malls around this time as Ill end up in jail. People just get so ignorant and walk side by side taking up the whole isle to the point where you cant get by them and that infuriates me to the point where I start plowing through them.
smiley7.gif
Okay breath Wade, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Thats better, Im back!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: wade

OnLine shopping can be stressful too....The count-down on eBay can get you a bit excited....That's all the excitement I need....that I can handle.

I like Amazon too...this is a cookbook year...for the guys and the gals.

Northern, you should get some Ebay sniping software. I use Auction Sentry Deluxe. I decide how high I will go on an auction, enter that amount into ASD, and it places the bid 5 seconds before the end of the auction. I don't even need to be at the computer!

wade said:
I become someone else and start to get very unpleasant and outspoken and I dont mean in a good way.

That sounds like me on an average day!
smiley36.gif

Actually, let me add something:

My wife and I went shopping this weekend. I promised her that I would be good, past a smile on and not say one bad word and not run anyone over, with car or cart (buggy in the south).........

The first store we go to, Circuit City.......... a very popular store this past weekend..... shelves were almost bare and the checkout lines were 25 to 30 people deep...... Both of them! When we get up to the register, this guy walks up and ask the cashier if he knew were the ??????? was....... so what does the cashier do....... Locks up and walks away with the customer.......... FOR 20 MINUTES! we times it...... 20 minutes ..... gone! When he came back, I was still and line and smiled and said that was a noble thing to do.......... Offering personal assistance..... how wonderful.............. Friggen Idiot!

We leave there and stop at KMart......... Why........ Dunno..... I hate this particular Kmart for where it is.............. It's clientel are mostly ............... well................... Illegals...........
My wife wanted a $0.99 roll of tape......... 1 roll........... We went to Kmart on Black Friday for....... A roll of tape................ But she wanted it, so it was important I thought, as I smiled knowing that I was making her happy........

So there we are, in the check out line..... waiting..... waiting and waiting............But it wasn't too bad, we got to listen to all the phone conversations from the nice lady (illegal) in front of us in line......................now she's next........... the cashier rings up her 4 items and they come to $17 and change.......... she has $12............... so she starts going through her change purse.......... then gets another cell phone call........... not enough yet, so she empties her purse on the counter................ cell phone rings again........... I'm holding my wifes roll of tape and smiling, like I don't mind waiting for her to get off the phone so she can finish looking for more change in the bottom of her purse..................... after a few minutes of this, apparently she realizes that she hasn't enough money..................... and makes another Phone call..................

I swear to God, this is 100% true................

Anyway......... I promised.................. so I stand there with the same smile, clutching that roll of tape.......................... however, I do believe my toe was taping the floor.....................

After she was done with the phone call, she decides that she needs to make another call............ to her husband who is out in the car with the kids.................. I hear her say that she needs $10 more dollars..... Come in here!........... Now I'm agitated......... but with a smile, I asked the casheir if he could have the customer step to one side, so that I could fulfill my wives one desire for the day and buy her this roll of tape....................... The BITCH goes nuts! saying that if we don't want her in line then just give her her money back..... give it back she insisted......... But every time that the cashier wanted to give her the money back, she would look up toward the door as if her husband was coming....... but he wasn't...........

15 minutes later, I'm still standing there with a pasted on smile wondering how sharp that little cutter part of the tape dispenser really is.......................... would anyone even miss this pain in the butt in front of me................................. then in walks this guy with kids hanging from him and following around him............... he hands her a $20 bill................

FINALLY!!!!!! As Thomas (the Cashier) is ringing me up, I smile and commended him on how well he kept his cool and how I could not have done his job quit the same way..........................

As we were leaving, the lady who was in front of us was now taking her change and getting herself a hot dog.................... which she took out to the car and ate it in front of her kids..................... How do I know this?......... We followed them out of the parking lot doing 2 miles an hour............... sigh............
Edited by: jobe05

I've been sniped before...hate that!!! Would like to know how to get into that...tho my Christmas shopping is about done.

I see they have a 10 day free trial...that would have been nice...tho I have gotten what I wanted the past week by paying through the nose.

http://www.auction-sentry.com/Edited by: Northern Winos

Jobe, That is so funny!!!

Drive to the Atoka, Oklahoma Wal-mart......it is WORTH THE TRIP!!!

Ramona

Ramona, the next time you're up in Dallas we need to make a run out to East Texas and do some antiquing....I know of several groovy little antique places out that direction in Gladewater (not to mention Canton and First Monday Trade Days!) Edited by: bovinewines

Your a better man than me Jobe05. I would have gone ballistic.
Bovine : have you ever tried the Antique action inSulpher Springsbefore ? Great deals there.

bovine......I would love to do that, how about some long weekend in the spring!!!! We could meet somewhere!!! Sounds like a plan to look forward to.

Ramona

Jobe, I think my wife would have even Bit^* slapped her by then!!!!!
smiley36.gif
20 minutes in line in Circuit city wold not have been 20 minutes for me as i would have said excuse me but I was here 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hate myself and other people for what they make me do this time of year. Im really a very nice person and very easy to get along with and have a very good sense of humor and a decent sized fuse but that fuse is a little short on watts this time of uear as no one cares about the other except for for people like us. i heard a story on the radoi today where a person went to the store with his wife and put her in a wheel chair that they had in their basement cause most people will get out of their way and they were able to grab the last 3 big screen LCD TV's and then put them up on Ebay for sale!
smiley7.gif
This is the exact reason why I relieved myself of the collection of guns I used to have and believe me, It was a serious collection.

Edited by: wade

After 30 years of teaching preachers at a seminary and filling in at small churches I have totaly ran outof patience that was given to me. So on black Friday I stay home and hibernate thus avoiding stress which my Dr. says contributed to my 4 heart attacks. So to celebrate the ocasion I stayed home and had 2 glasses of blackberry wine and it made me a mellow fellow and all benifited from that

Latest posts

Back