BLACK FRIDAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Did anyone hit the stores this morning at 4:00 AM????

The lady guests we had yesterday were headed out very early this AM. They were taking the motorhome...lastyear they got bombed on Bloody Mary's between stores....They had a designated driver assigned for today...I opted out...Didn't think I could keep up to that group.

We did hit a local hardware store this morning and got a few small tools and stuff like that for stocking stuffers.

Hmmmm... Get up early to go out in the cold and dark to do something I don't like doing... I stayed home in bed. We're having a gift card Christmas gift season here. That, and some gifts made at home... wine, candles, dust bunnies,

Was going to hit the Kole sale at 4AM, then Wall Mart at 5AM then Farm & Fleet at 6:00, but my faithfull dog Zeke failed to get me up at 3AM. I just hate it when that happens.
20071123_160630_Zeke11.jpg
Edited by: Tomy

hey, that's a good looking animal....want to include him in my wine?

I have been using the internet for my Christmas shopping for about 8 years. I just hate the crowds at the malls. It kind of destroys the Christmas spirit. As I have gotten older, the presents don't mean near as much to me as they used to. My family and friends are what matters.

Janna and I will probably give each other a new Jenn-Air for Christmas and a trip to Napa for the WineMaker Mag Conference for our Anniversary. Maybe a little too practicle.... maybe a trip to the jewelers for the wife?

I'm with you George. I like shopping from the comfort of my home. Can visit several stores in an hour or so, sip coffee while browsing each one. no crowds to contend with and don't have to worry about finding a parking place.

We also shop on the Internet where the selection, pricing, and convenience is the best. Our e-tailer of choice is Amazon and their customerservice is the best in the business.....for anything other than wine making supplies of course!
smiley20.gif

It never really made sense to me... You buy a gift for some one, they buy a gift for you and neither of you are happy with the gift you don't need or want.

Ihave removed the gift portion of the holidays and replaced it with "come over anytime and socialize" no gifts to exchange except stories and laughter.

Personally, I rarely ever liked the gifts I receivedover the years and prefer not to receive any.

Giving the gift of "yourself",tell about your adventures, eat and drink with us - this is the best gift of all.

Note: I do accept CASH in any form all year!Edited by: SBRanch

I don't know when Santa went shopping last year, but he did really well here. Wine kits and an i-pod fit down our chimney. I think we'll put up a tree but there won't be much under it!
smiley36.gif

I hate Black Friday sales. Whenever I've shopped, the retailers never had the items on sale to begin with, or there is a mob of people trying to kill each other to get the last item. It looks like a zoo. Anyway, if you shop around online, you can usually find deals comparable to the ones in the store. As far as Christmas gifts go, my family requests a Christmas shopping list from each person. Then they pick something from the list to buy. Sometimes we play the "Dirty Santa" gift exchange, which ends up being about spending good quality time with family and friends.

I do my shopping through out the year and by Thanksgiving had all presents except 2,my brother-in-law which I just purchased an All Juice MM through George and my brother which I really have no idea what to get. I do a mix of internet with Ebay for my Mom & Dad as they like the stuff that is hard to get anywhere and Amazon for the kids cause the stuff they want disappears off the shelves as fast as they get on the shelves like Webkins.

I try to get into a fight with my family somewhere around Thanksgiving so that we are not speaking by Xmas....it saves on having to buy gifts.
smiley36.gif

We avoided all shopping yesterday, what a zoo. Instead, we wentand visited a friend and her new baby. Way better than the headache of the mall.
smiley4.gif

Went shopping yesterday around 5pm, just to miss out on the crowds and the store we went to still had what we were looking for. Walked out with a 42" and 32" LCD Flat screen TV's for the house. We were going to get a 50" but could not pass up the offer for 2 for the price of one.

Latest posts

Back