Bitten by Physics<<Part Deaux

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
Don't forget to make sure both ends are on the hydrometer case are on when you pick it up. OOOOPPS.

I wonder if a little glue or duct tape will affect my readings??

Maybe I can parlay this into a refractometer????
smiley2.gif

Been there...Done That!!!!

Then I bought 2 more [just incase]....they came with tubes that only had an opening on one end and one topper...Gee!!!Engineering Genius!!! Only one end open...what a good idea!!!

PWP tried the glue and duck tape , it didn't work....now we always have at least one extra on hand...they never break when you are not useing them....
smiley36.gif

I just recently broke another one after I bought 4 spares a year ago. Those double ended ones you gotta be careful of when plotting it in it the tube after cleaning and then forgetfully moving it too quickly. I don't know anybody that has never broken one. That's probably why the one ended tube ones are so rare- like building obsolescence into everything nowdays.

I broke two on my first 2 batches. Since then I bought three one ended tube ones and have not broken one since.

If you will notice, ALL of our hydrometer tubes are taped on both ends for this very reason. When you get a hydrometer from us, leave the tape on one end of the tube and only use the other end.

Latest posts

Back