Beware Greenbarnnursery.ca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is somehow very challenging to grow fruits trees in Canada. So both the growers and nurseries should educate themselves. Fall planting is a No No. Do not even think about it. Spring nursery stocks are usually not the best quality, compared to fall stocks. There are just so many factors with planting fruit trees.

But on the other hand, if the nurseries have the guarantee policy, them they should stick with it.

Container fruit tree is another option. I know there are few selections, but it is still better than wasting a full year. Time sometimes is more valuable than $$.

If you're lucky enough to live in southern Ontario then you can pretty safely order from Whiffletree's as Steve is no longer there. I ordered a couple of cold hardy shrubs last year and they were very healthy.

Thanks sqfgardiner45. It was Steve that I had my first unfortunate dealings with at Green Barn Montreal and when he rolled into the picture at Wiffletree I ran the other way. I will try them out again.

I had a horrible experience with a Green Barn in 2020. We paid 500+ for our order, the trees were sent in such a condition that from 5 trees 4 came dead. The root system was wet and I expecting the reason why the plants are dead is that they did not survive the winter at the Green barn before they sent the order. I would not bother for one dead tree, but 4 out of 5 sounds too much! I never experience such a huge loss of 80 % of trees from a single purchase. This company is absolutely one to avoid for future purchases Trees were super small as well. See photos. Ken refuse to send other plants, no refunds.... This company is really robbing you. It is better to purchase form Canadia Tire.....

Similar experience in 2021. Somerset grape did not break dormancy, but no response to email. Funny thing is, when I was ordering they answered my email quickly. The Kiwi they sent me also died. I will not ever order from Green Barn again and strongly recommend against anyone ordering from them

Latest posts

Back