Cellar Craft best cab kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cellar Craft Showcase Washington Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot is my Limited Reserve/Limited Edition/Limited Quantities or whatever selection for the year, hands down. Or get the Red Mountain while you still can.

This past week I have opened a CC Showcase Red Mountain Cab and the CC Showcase Cab/Merlot. Both are about 2 years old and have had time in a barrel and extra tannin added. The Cab/Merlot is hands down better than the RMC. I know its hard to believe but this is the 2nd time I have come to this conclusion. Both are VERY good but the Cab/Merlot is definitely the better of the two.

Wine Expert ECLIPSE Lodi 11 Ranch Cab Sauv.

Only 6 bottles left from last year. Probably my best kit yet.

Just bought another one.

I just started my first WE Eclipse (Zinfandel Lodi) I thought the big deal with Eclipse line was 18 liters of juice plus the two liter grape pack on reds, but had to add the same amount of water as Showcase/Winery Series to get to the mark in my fermenter. It was kind of a disappointment, so I subconsciously underdiluted about a liter and haven't topped up with anything (per instructions) on the 10 day secondary, yet. I'm vacuum racking down to 5 gal + 3 liter jug, skipping the finings all together, except for KMS and the French Oak and let it rock for 3 - 4 months. The Red Star Premier Cuvee yeast has been a nice, even, slow ferment into the secondary as well.

Latest posts

Back