Need Recommendations For a Kit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CabEnthusiast

Reaction score
I just did a Riesling kit and am looking to do a red now, Ive been doing some looking around at different options and just cant really make up my mind what to make. So I am going to let you guys pick something you think that I might enjoy. I want to try something maybe that I might not normally select.

As my username suggests I am a fan of Cabernet Franc, I do like Cab Sav but I am not a fan of heavily oaked really hot/alcoholic cabs that seem to be going around right now. I also really like Merlot, Barbera, Pinot Noir. Im more of a fan of medium/medium-heavy body. Give me a kit that you think I might like!

$120-$130 budget!

RJS Cru International French Rosé. Perfect for summer. On sale at Midwest Supplies right now too.

Wineexpert Eclipse, take your pick of which one from Labelpeelers.com. I'm kinda partial to the Stags Leap Merlot, but they are all pretty good.
I have heard good things about the stags leap but it costs $189.00.
RJS Cru International French Rosé. Perfect for summer. On sale at Midwest Supplies right now too.
I do not drink many Rosé wines. I might try that.

Well, CK, I think you should give the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot a strong consideration. One of the best kits I have made.
I probably would like that as I do like Bordeaux blends and many are Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet franc and Merlot blends. What site is the best to buy this kit on?

[
It is silly they have to play that game, but they do. Well within the cost you suggested.
I hated the fact that you have to click a little link at the bottom of the page to get the right price. Like why hide it!

I am strongly leaning towards that kit because I like merlot and because I have a couple relatives who are Stags Leap fans.

Latest posts

Back