WineXpert Best Blush Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manitobawineo

Reaction score
Suggestions on a good 4-6 week blush kit?
My wife doesn't like it too sweet, so possibly a White Merlot? Not sure. Thanks

I am fermenting the white Merlot kit now. I have to say the kit seems like its going to turn out good we will see. its said to be a little drier than some blush though. I will know in a few months

I recently started a White Zinfandel but haven't yet sampled. It is clearing now and will in 4-5 days be racked for a 3 month bulk aging instead of bottling as the instructions would have me do. It is the MM 23l All Juice kit. Cost $99.00 from a local brew store.

I got the wine expert white merlot kit. I ordered from midwest when they had a 7.95 or less fixed shipping offer. The kit was $99. Local brew store wanted $108 plus local sales tax and never seemed to have one in stock when I went in fixing to buy it.

Anyone tried the Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot? It's a good price...but may be reflected in the product?

Anyone tried the Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot? It's a good price...but may be reflected in the product?
As far as I'm concerned Ken Ridge Classic kits and Cheeky Monkey kits are very similar in quality. The CMs may be slightly better but I haven't made enough to be sure.

I enjoyed the couple of CMs that I have tried but didn't feel that they were better than the KRCs.

I'm not much for blushes so I haven't tried either the KRC White Merlot or White Zinfandel. The White Zinfandel comes with an F-pack to sweeten it, the White Merlot does not (unless things have changed in the last couple of years). BTW, distribution of Vineco (Ken Ridge, CM) kits in the USA is limited so there probably won't be much feedback on these kits.

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back