Bert's Been Busy!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
Well folks, Poor Bert has been one busy guy! In less than a week out in his shop, he cranked out this wine rack! I love it!
20070109_192327_New_rack.jpg

Ain't she purty!? He used plywood and left over finishes that he already owned. My kind of guy! It is screwed to the wall to prevent alcohol abuse.

We put some bottles in it to showcase it's qualities!
20070109_192525_Pink_Bunny.jpg

This is the racks we ordered on line from Sam's Club a few years ago. It needs filling! Look at all those open spaces! Either that or we need to quit drinking wines.
smiley36.gif
We know THAT'S not going to happen!
20070109_192807_Sams.jpg

That is exactly what I want to make. I have the same wire racks you have. We are getting ready to move and the wire racks are not going to meet any of the decor requirements at that house but I could make those cube racks work great. Tell Bert great job. Did he use a plan or just make them on the fly?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Nice Rack!!!!
smiley2.gif
I mean nice wine rack Bert. Lots of nice looking bottles of wine too....a few spaces to fill....

But show us your carboys!!!!! Am sure you have enough wine to fill all your shelves...
smiley17.gif

Now that's my kin of cube Bert! It looks like it wil hold 12-14 cases of wine! Looks to be about 4 feet by 4 feet. Way to go.
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

Great Job Bert!
smiley32.gif

I can tell your one of those guys who didn't sleep during shop class in high school. That's when they had shop class.

PWP, it's time to get cracking and fill those empty spaces with vino, afterall you don't want Bert to feel unappreciated for all his pains taking efforts do you?
smiley2.gif

OK Bert...I see now why you could not come last Saturday and help me bottle my wines..You are forgiven if you will send me a set of plans for that wine rack.....AWESOME!!! I love it
smiley32.gif

Does Bert travel to Northwest Ohio? My bottles are in the cardboard cases you get from the store!

Looks great!!!

Francie

Bert, if you have a sketch/plan for that on paper and cannot convert it to electronic media, I can. PM me and I will give you my address.

Very nice. I would like to get a copy of those plans if available. Lots of nice bottles, too.

The princess will see what she can do to get this into photographic and text instructions. He kind of flew by the seat of his pants.
smiley32.gif

It will look even better after this coming weekend. I am going out of town, leaving Poor Bert home alone, and he's going to bottle some more wines!
smiley32.gif
I
smiley27.gif
this guy! I go play and he stays home and plays!

THANK YOU to all of you for the nice compliments on the wine rack...I had no plans on paper, just some ideas on what I wanted to do....But I will put some planstogather for those that are interested....
smiley1.gif

Here's some pictures of our carboys.
20070111_191223_carboys_07_001.jpg

The carboys above are aging in the basement. They spend their days and nights watching movies and snoozing.
Below we have the carboys upstairs, where it's a bit warmer. This is our fermenting room, aka office.
20070111_191354_upstairs.jpg

Salut!

Back