berry pom

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
well, stabilized my berry pom last night....looking pretty good so far.....tomorrow will probably f-pack....have my frozen concentrates ready to go.....julie, it might not necessarily be entirely blueberry pom, but considering 3 gallons of the juice were the bluberry pom while the other 2 were the berry blend, as well as f-packing with bluberry pom concentrate, i wthink it is going to turn out preety close....definitely can't wait til this one is done....lol...looking forward to it....

Got a camera, Ken? I'd like to see what this looks like! Sounds great.

Got a camera, Ken? I'd like to see what this looks like! Sounds great.

well, i have my phone.....just gotta get o.m.a. when i get home and hook my charger cable up to the computer....then i will be able to download any pics i take.....already have pics of my favorite 5 gallon carboy as well that i wanna post....smilez....

well, stabilized my berry pom last night....looking pretty good so far.....tomorrow will probably f-pack....have my frozen concentrates ready to go.....julie, it might not necessarily be entirely blueberry pom, but considering 3 gallons of the juice were the bluberry pom while the other 2 were the berry blend, as well as f-packing with bluberry pom concentrate, i wthink it is going to turn out preety close....definitely can't wait til this one is done....lol...looking forward to it....

Oh I'm thinkin this is going to be pretty close as well and I'm thinkin this going to be pretty good tasting too! Let me know how you like it.

Oh I'm thinkin this is going to be pretty close as well and I'm thinkin this going to be pretty good tasting too! Let me know how you like it.

i'm sure if i sweeten it up properly i am going to love it....tasted a drop last night when racking and stabilizing/degassing, and think i just might have to give it a oinch more acid blend before bottling....my damn sample syringe was acting up when measuring level at beginning fermentation and was afraid to add too much, so i figured i'd re-evaluate afterwards....i like a touch of "crispness" in my wines.....

btw julie, do you consider this an early drinker normally or will it benefit from some aging???....if so, bulk aging or bottle????....yeah, i already know there will be the initial bottle shock period that will probably last about a month....lol...

btw julie, do you consider this an early drinker normally or will it benefit from some aging???....if so, bulk aging or bottle????....yeah, i already know there will be the initial bottle shock period that will probably last about a month....lol...

Well, I aged mine 6 months, tasted it and well the rest is history. I would suggest that you start another batch as soon as you bottle this.

Well, I aged mine 6 months, tasted it and well the rest is history. I would suggest that you start another batch as soon as you bottle this.

lol...ok julie....thanks for the info....right now, the berry pom and my welch's niagara are the only 2 i have going....the niagara is backsweetened and sitting, clearing/aging on it's own now.....trying to resist the urge to super-kleer it, and just let it do it's own thing naturally, but it's not easy....lol...it's pretty clear already but still looks a lil bit cloudy....i will filter just prior to bottling...i like my wines to have that bright sparkle to them....

ok jim....seeing as you asked for a picture of it, here it is...

View attachment 4330

ok...now if someone could just explain to me how to get the darned thing to be in the right direction....lol....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120515_183446.png
    ForumRunner_20120515_183446.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
How is that? What is on the left?

lol...ok...thanks julie....originally when i had first tried to post it, before deleting and redoing it, i said that is my welch's niagara on the left....forgot to add it back in when i reposted....lol....

LOL, ok I either didn't read that post or forgot, anyway it is looking pretty good. Did you sweeten it or are you? I made a 3 gallon batch of Welch's once and backsweeten it, it was pretty good, I really wasn't expecting it to be that good. And I always make a gallon batch that I just let go dry and use that for cooking. Chicken is really good when deglazed with this.

LOL, ok I either didn't read that post or forgot, anyway it is looking pretty good. Did you sweeten it or are you? I made a 3 gallon batch of Welch's once and backsweeten it, it was pretty good, I really wasn't expecting it to be that good. And I always make a gallon batch that I just let go dry and use that for cooking. Chicken is really good when deglazed with this.
well, no, u didn't miss it, because i wound up deleting it right away when i had trouble with the pic....lol.....yeah....i f-packed with more of the white grape juice that i simmered down, and added sugar to to make a simple syrup...now i am fighting the urge to do anything further with it and just let it sit and age as is....lol....i do plan on filtering when i am finally ready to bottle.....granted, it's mostly clear right now, but still looks like it could use a little more clearing....i normally user super kleer, but this time i am trying to let nature take care of it....this wine seems pretty tasty right now....last time i did a niagara it was from fresh grapes, and that did turn out awesome.....hope this one turns out just as good...

ok...now if someone could just explain to me how to get the darned thing to be in the right direction....lol....
:) :) :)
Julie, I think it's still wrong, I believe it's supposed to be upside down with me laying under it

12615.jpg

follow up....

yesterday added 3 cans of old orchard blueberry pom to f-pack the batch...seemed pretty tasty to me....now it's time for mother nature to do her part and help it clear....looking forward to this one being done....

Pic looks great, Ken! The Niagara could take forever to clear. Mine got oh so close but not clear. I finally gave up after 3 months and bottled it. It looks clear in the glass!

Pic looks great, Ken! The Niagara could take forever to clear. Mine got oh so close but not clear. I finally gave up after 3 months and bottled it. It looks clear in the glass!

lol...well if mother nature doesn't take care of it on her own soon, gonna use the ole super-kleer....works every time....lol....then through the filter it'll go before bottling....but not worried....plan on letting that one bulk age a lil bit......

Latest posts

Back