Other Bellissima Fruit Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these kits? I like Niagara Mist and Island Mist, but don't like Orchard Breezin. Is the syrup pack phoney tasting?

I have made 5 Orchard Breezin' kits from RJ Spagnol and have found them great sweet party wines for summer time.

Dodie:

Bellissima kits are made by Advintage. They should be very similar to the Niagara Mist, Island Mist, and Orchard Breezin'.

I haven't made any of the Bellissima kits, as I avoid Advintage kits. I've made several of the others (principally NM and OB) and enjoyed them all. Our faves are NM Pink Grapefruit Blush, NM Sangria Zinfandel Blush, and OB Blackberry Merlot. One time we made the NM and OB Green Apples at the same time. They tasted slightly different but were both good.

Which OB kits have you made? The Blackberry Merlot is very sweet, and some people find it too sweet.

Steve

Cooler type wines

I had tried the OB Blackcurrant about the same time I tried NM and VE types, and switched to soley NM and VE after that. Perhaps I jumped the gun, and should give them another try. This is why I am leery of the other brand names. I have started making the Advintage kits, like the Diamanti Port and the higher end ones have been alright, but haven't tried their Bellissima. I personally do not like sweet wines, but a lot of my friends do. I also like to up the alcohol content to about 11% as well. On day one, I add 3 cups of sugar to my primary fermenter. After filtering, I add about .5 of the syrup pack, and bottle 15 bottles, then add the other .25 syrup pack and bottle those. This way I have two types of wine.

Latest posts

Back