Battling frost!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen a green leaf since October. Good luck with your vines tho. I hope they r ok

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Last edited:
You make me feel a little bit better. Mine are not either.

Wow, even in Missouri no bud break yet? I would have thought the leaves on the tree's would be out by now down where you are?

Pat

I maybe lost 5% of the shoots. Maybe not even that much. There are spots I've found that the sprinkler won't hit. Those shoots didn't make it. Damn Baco Noir! Double A did say they are susceptible to frost damage. My Pinot Gris show no sign of life, I have a few Seyval just budding out.

Baco Noir and Seyval Blanc in Utah

Wow, even in Missouri no bud break yet? I would have thought the leaves on the tree's would be out by now down where you are?

Pat

20 miles South West of Kirksville. Maybe 40 miles south of Iowa.

Yesterday there was bud break on the Reliance, Mars and Concord. Bud swell on the 550 Cayuga White we planted a week and a half ago.

The Cayuga White and Vidal Blanc that we planted last year don't show any sign of bud swell. I've talked with two others within 4 miles of me and theirs don't show any either. I'm new at this so it makes me nervous!

Half the trees are only starting to leaf out.

Wow, looks like you were prepared with the sprinklers. Keep us posted as to their effectiveness!

Concord

Last year in late fall I purchased 2 Potted concord grape vines. So far nothing happening I live in zone 6a We had a very cold winter.Don't know if I should replace them or wait them out.
Vinnie

Last year in late fall I purchased 2 Potted concord grape vines. So far nothing happening I live in zone 6a We had a very cold winter.Don't know if I should replace them or wait them out.

Vinnie[/

Give them some time, costs nothing, and I've found it's really hard to kill a grape.

Baco Noir and Seyval Blanc in Utah

Back