Base Mead

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got off my lazy butt and cleaned some bottles, racked the 2 gallons of strawberry mead and put some k-meta in them (1 campden tab for each gallon), racked em off the bottom sediment and I got 10 full bottles and 1 half bottle for tasting tonight. Ok I took a sip already and its pretty darn good. I think the strawberry is a little hidden, but it has a really nice flavor and mouth feel to it. Its got a golden with reddish hue. I'll snap a pic of the glass later tonight.

Here is the Strawberry Mel

StrawberryMelintheVineyard.jpg

StrawberryMelonthePatio.jpg

Looks a little bit hazy still but I bet it tastes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good!

A little, but it did taste good.

Phew what a day. Finally finished all the wine work. I just need to clean the last carboy that's going to get an overnight soaking....

I racked the blueberry and blackberry melomels to fresh carboys, I added 1/8 tsp of k-meta to each and 1.5 tsp of pectic enzyme. That is probably why the strawberry mel is a little hazy. I'll let these baby's set for a couple more months then bottle them up before hurricane season.

you had quiet a day. I love the picture of you holding up the glass of wine and catching the vines in the background and through the glass. looks like your ready to do a presentaion or commercial!

Put a fork (er cork) in em.......... They are done. Bottled up the blackberry and blueberry mels today. Off to slumber after I label them. Hope I don't mix them up

Both were excellent. Kind of floral with a nice honey finish. Gonna give em some Jim Croce treatment some "time in a bottle" and it ought to be even better

Gaudet, I tried ( which means drank ) the blueberry mead you sent me. All I can say is DAMN GOOD !!!!!!

BOB
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

Bob,

I still have your Chocolate Cherry Port, its collecting some gray hairs and dust, but I'm holding out on it. I want it to get a few more months then will pop it open...

I am pleasantly surprised with the meads as they are only 1 year old as of January.

Latest posts

Back