backsweeting

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Jctwaan

Junior
Reaction score
hello All,

Yesterday i back sweetened a batch of Strawberry Wine. it taste awesome. i'm unsure of how long i should actually let it sit before i can bottle it. I have read several different times, and am wondering what you guys do typically?

thanks
pam

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
hello All,

Yesterday i back sweetened a batch of Strawberry Wine. it taste awesome. i'm unsure of how long i should actually let it sit before i can bottle it. I have read several different times, and am wondering what you guys do typically?

thanks
pam
Assuming you've properly administered sulfite and sorbate, and your wine is clear as a bell, give it a couple weeks. Just want to make sure you won't encounter any renewed fermentation in the bottle and have a nasty mess on your hands.

bkisel

Reaction score
For my fruit/country wines I'll generally bulk age 2 months before bottling, then bottle age 2 months before popping a cork.

Floandgary

Bottle at a time
Reaction score
hello All,

thanks
pam
As with most anything we concoct, the recommendation stands to allow a rest time before proceeding to the next step. However to fully appreciate what a little time can do for ya, taste a sample ASAP and try to remember it. Then sample after a week or two prior to bottling.;)
Don't forget to TAKE NOTES and READINGS