Backsweetening To Taste, Gallon, Ounces and ML Conversion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie (and others),

Thanks so much for the hints and tips and chart and ROT. I feel more confident proceeding with my first backsweetening experience (using Option C)!

I also plan on racking just before I start the process. And the main thing I have gleaned is, regardless of how confident I am of the accepted taste, back it off and wait a little before re-tasting, just to make sure!

Joe

Julie (and others),

Thanks so much for the hints and tips and chart and ROT. I feel more confident proceeding with my first backsweetening experience (using Option C)!

I also plan on racking just before I start the process. And the main thing I have gleaned is, regardless of how confident I am of the accepted taste, back it off and wait a little before re-tasting, just to make sure!

Joe

You got it Joe!!!! Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

WVMountaineerJack said:
Well at least you guys would know how to handle bottle bombs from restarted fermentation! You probably just throw them at each other :) WVMJ

I wouldn't know. Only bottle bombs I've ever had were from overcarbonating a small beer batch. And they weren't technically what I'd call a bomb because they didn't blow up. But the bottle caps literally bounced off the ceiling when we cracked them open over the sink. (We used a non traditional stopper for a cap that batch.) It sounded like a gunshot and was very entertaining. Bottle carbonation is fun to learn!

There you go, most people would have thrown them all out after the first one popped open like that and scared them. I would have just opened them outside. Corks on the other hand make a fun nonlethal projectile, but if it launches over a wife and coats her head to toe in wine it might turn lethal to the winemaker, first from laughing yourself to death and then from the wife trying to beat you with the empty bottle! WVMJ

I wouldn't know. Only bottle bombs I've ever had were from overcarbonating a small beer batch. And they weren't technically what I'd call a bomb because they didn't blow up. But the bottle caps literally bounced off the ceiling when we cracked them open over the sink. (We used a non traditional stopper for a cap that batch.) It sounded like a gunshot and was very entertaining. Bottle carbonation is fun to learn!

WVMountaineerJack said:
There you go, most people would have thrown them all out after the first one popped open like that and scared them. I would have just opened them outside. Corks on the other hand make a fun nonlethal projectile, but if it launches over a wife and coats her head to toe in wine it might turn lethal to the winemaker, first from laughing yourself to death and then from the wife trying to beat you with the empty bottle! WVMJ

That was the beauty of it. The stoppers didn't blow out on their own. My younger brother pulled a bottle out of the fridge at a family party. It wasn't cold enough to drink yet and I tried to tell him to leave it alone and he shot me a dirty look and popped the cap anyway.

!BOOM!

His stunned and hurt look would have won $10k on AFV for sure. The wife was standing next to him, caught most of the splatter, and was laughing so hard at his reaction she couldn't be mad at either of us.

When it comes to measuring liquids in cooking, crafting, or any other project, different regions of the world use different units. Some countries use milliliters, while others use ounces or gallons. This can lead to confusion when trying to convert between these units.

To make things easier, it's important to understand the conversion rates between these units. For example, 1 gallon is equal to 128 ounces or approximately 3,785 milliliters.

With the right knowledge, you can easily switch between different units in no time. But it's significant to use a reliable source to ensure accuracy. One such source is HowManyIn.info, which provides a detailed guide on how to convert ounces to gallons and vice versa. This website offers a comprehensive table of conversion rates for different units of measurement, making it easy for you to use the correct measure every time.

By understanding these conversion rates and using reliable sources, you can avoid confusion and ensure accurate measurements in your recipes or projects. Don't just rely on guesswork or approximation when it comes to measuring liquids. Instead, follow the guidelines provided by this website or any other reliable source, and always double-check your calculations and measurements to ensure the best results.

In conclusion, knowing the correct conversion rates between milliliters, ounces, and gallons is essential for any project that involves measuring liquids. By using reliable sources and double-checking your calculations and measurements, you can ensure accurate and consistent results every time. So go ahead and start converting with confidence!

To make things easier, it's important to understand the conversion rates between these units. For example, 1 gallon is equal to 128 ounces or approximately 3,785 milliliters.

You would think that someone (or somebot?) that concerned with avoiding confusion from different units would clarify if s/he were speaking of US or UK gallons!

Measuring in cups of anything, is definitely NOT accurate! Use a scale, preferably one that uses grams.
1 gram = 1 ml.

Latest posts

Back