Back at it

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&GB

Reaction score
Hi All,
As I sit here sipping on a glass of MD Chambourcin, I'm reflecting on the past year. I was once an active member of this forum, but the passing of a beloved forum member had a profound effect on me and I stopped posting. Later I deployed to Afghanistan for 6-1/2 months, so my winemaking hobby was put on hold. And after my return, I moved to Maryland where I weathered an earthquake, a hurricane, and a flood. But now I'm back at it.
I now have a Pinot Grigio and a Riesling clarifying, and I just racked and stabilized a Cab this morning. All Mosti Mondiale All Juice products.
This is the third time I've tried to finish this post, but lost it somehow, so I'll stop here. Maybe it's the Chambourcin... lol.
Ken

Welcome back to the fold Ken!
Glad you are back safe and sound and online and fermenting!
smiley32.gif

Ken thank you for servin in Afghanistan. It is such a horrid place. Glad you are back safe.
I assume you were referring to NW passing, although there have been a couple others I suspect did also. Her passing affected a lot of us, but I see continuing winemaking as a tribute to that great lady.

Stay around a while. Glad you made it back.

Hey, happy you are back safe. My brother in law just deployed back over there. This is his 3rd time back there now.

Welcome back Ken. Here's to hoping that was your last rotation. I myself retired after a rotation in Iraq. Had 22 yrs in and after to many close calls I figured enough was enough. If appleman was correct, as I suspect he was, I miss her terribly too. She was always ....well, you know !

Pete

Pete/Appleman,
Yes it was NW. She was quite an inspiration.
Yes, that was my last deployment. I'll finish my 30 at an acquisitions billet here at Pax River. On the upside, maybe there'll be more time for wine!

Ken glad you are back at it and welcome home. Hope all is well with your family and thank you for your service!

Ken,

Welcome back!!! I too want to thank you and all the other men and women that have, or are still serving in our military..

I know in my heart that NW will be looking over your shoulder as well as many others on this forum just waiting for the right time to nudge us in the right direction.

BOB

Latest posts

Back