Hi From Tucson, Arizona

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Parisi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just found this forum through a search.

I am getting ready to embark on my first wine making journey. I borrowed my brother-in-law's wine making equipment kit and have just ordered my first ingredient kit. Mosti Mondiale All Juice Nero D'Avola. That kit and the Star-san I rodered, will be here by the end of next week. Then I will just have to wait for the temperature in my garage to drop a bit.

I am excited (yes, even at 73 years old) to start and I look forward to being able to tap the experiences and knowledge of the many experts on this forum

Some peronal info:
Born and raised in Rhode Island, spent 7 1/2 years in the US Air Force, Worked for the City of Tucson and University of Arizona (staff, not professor), and retired in 2004. Mostly happily married, with 2 children and two grandchildren. Other hobbies are vegetable gardening and trying to get my 1967 MGB roadster reliably back on the road.

Tuson iß very cool place did a trip to tanqua Verde ranch for z week , I'm 72 and have been in wine making for over 25 years.
Just ask ant question and someone will answer, I'm sure and as I always say ( Think Outside The Box) have fun.

Welcome and enjoy the hobby. MGB's were never reliably on the road, even in 1967. Never owned one, had friends that did and knuckle scars to prove it.

Yeah, have owned this one since 1983. It had sat in my garage for almost 20 years before I got to working on it. Have had it out for a couple of short drives, but still a work in progress.

Welcome, I'm 73 with an 06 Solstice and its pushing 20k miles!
Do you have a spare bedroom or closet in the house to age your wines in? They might really cook in the summer out in the garage.

Welcome, I'm 73 with an 06 Solstice and its pushing 20k miles!
Do you have a spare bedroom or closet in the house to age your wines in? They might really cook in the summer out in the garage.

I will make the wine in the garage during the cooler months (at least the primary fermentation). I do have two extra bedrooms if it gets too warm out there.

Latest posts

Back