B. Nektar Meadery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewgrrrl

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to go to the Bourbon Barrel Mead release tonight and I thought I'd mention this neat meadery in the Detroit area. They are really creative folks and they make good stuff - they have also been consulting a lot with Ken Schramm of "The Compleat Meadmaker." I enjoy talking with them and sharing ideas and they are also starting to market to a larger area so you might actually find a few bottles in a store near you. If you'd like to try some delicious and unusual meads they are at: www.bnektar.com.

And I'm out the door to visit the meadery!
smiley4.gif

Bourbon barrel mead was really interesting: well-balanced buckwheat mead aged in bourbon barrels. YUM. They were also kind enough to give me a couple cases of their used wine bottles, so I have some pretty blue bottles to put some of my special stuff in this holiday season. A good night all 'round!
smiley20.gif

A very good night indeed. Our local craft brew place has been aging some of the beers in bourbon barrels and we have enjoyed them very much. They just picked up some apple brandy barrels so I can't wait to taste whatever ends of in those babies.
Most of the commercial meads I've tasted have not been very impressive, but I have heard some good things about this place and have been waiting for one of our local places to stock a few bottles.
VC

Sounds like a good event. Good brew, good times and bottles to boot! What could be better?
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back