Avery templates with Photoshop?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4score

Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to download Avery label 22826 (arched wine label). All I see is a Word doc file and not a Photoshop template. Does anyone know how I can get this template that is compatible with Photoshop? Thanks

I use that label sometimes. Just go to avery.com , set up an account. Then you can make your label using their on line design. It works well and I use their on line storage. The labels are costly and right now I am looking into some other way of doing it but still using their on line design. Good luck, let me know if you find something good.

denny

IMHO it's easiest to download the .doc label template and compose your label in photoshop using the size of the label less 10% as picture size. Then save it as a .tiff or .jpg and insert it into the label template.

I use that label sometimes. Just go to avery.com , set up an account. Then you can make your label using their on line design. It works well and I use their on line storage. The labels are costly and right now I am looking into some other way of doing it but still using their on line design. Good luck, let me know if you find something good.

denny

It's just that I'm comfortable in Photoshop and I was surprised there wasn't a photoshop version of the template to work with.

IMHO it's easiest to download the .doc label template and compose your label in photoshop using the size of the label less 10% as picture size. Then save it as a .tiff or .jpg and insert it into the label template.

I thought of that, but the template isn't just a easy rectangle to easily translate myself into Photoshop. I guess it can be approximated. Thanks.

denny

denny, I just print Avery label out using a regular ink jet printer and paper - 4 to a page. I spray the page with a "fixit" to add some protection and texture and when dry in a few minutes cut the labels off the page.

I guess it is pretty costly doing labels this way but I only label bottles leaving the house.

denny, I just print Avery label out using a regular ink jet printer and paper - 4 to a page. I spray the page with a "fixit" to add some protection and texture and when dry in a few minutes cut the labels off the page.

I guess it is pretty costly doing labels this way but I only label bottles leaving the house.

Is the "fixit" water proof ? and what type of adhesive do you use ? Thanks

denny

Is the "fixit" water proof ? and what type of adhesive do you use ? Thanks

denny

The more coats of "fixit" you use the more water resistant the label will be. I've never tried to get them water proof.

Any clear acrylic spray should do. I use one of the Krylon products.

I use Elmer's X-treme glue stick as my adhesive.

21703-1002-1-2ww-m.jpg

81ol0PXjJRL._SL1500_.jpg

Sheet Example.PNG

Last edited:
The more coats of "fixit" you use the more water resistant the label will be. I've never tried to get them water proof.

Any clear acrylic spray should do. I use one of the Krylon products.

I use Elmer's X-treme glue stick as my adhesive.

21703-1002-1-2ww-m.jpg

81ol0PXjJRL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks alot ! I am going to try this. later denny

Back