Are these expensive wines/ champagne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjr

Reaction score
Ok I got these giving to me and the one is a dom Perino 1985 I looked it up and alot of places had it listed for crazy prices what is it worth and the other one? Also do I store champagne on its side also?

1419035876026.jpg

1419035914538.jpg

Oh that dom perignon is really junk wine. I would be happy to help you out to dispose of it. I'll pay for you to ship it to me and I'll make sure it gets dumped in an appropriate place. ;)

Haha now im a newbie but not that new also I popped that other bottle but think its oxidized or spoiled it taste smooth and good though but is it safe? Pic of what it looks like and the back of bottle its a 2001

1419042496387.jpg

1419042527561.jpg

1419042529188.jpg

Agreed. Unless you're rich or have some sort of hip-hop video to shoot.

I've tried Dom Perginon before. Unless you really like Champagne, and really have a pallet to enjoy it, it is not worth it. It is going for about $300/bottle retail. I'd rather sell it, and buy a kit or two.

If the Prosecco tastes ok, it is fine. Why do you think it is oxidized?

Just the color and ya ill sell the dom. If I could find somebody to buy it of not ill save it for something realy special.

Lol that's probably all I could get anyway I got to go find a rapper and sell it to him for his rap video like grey day said.

Any idea how it has been stored since 1985? Was it stored properly,cellared or set on top someones refrigerator?"

It could make for break the idea of selling it for a good price.

Yea I have no idea how it was stored im assuming not good due to the other wines she gave me the cork fell apart trying to get it out. Also I realy rather it go to some one that will appreciate it more than I would its from 85 im only from 90! Lol so not putting my self down but I dont have the palate to appreciate it. And that other wine does it look off? The cork kinda broke when came out but its Damn smooth from 01 os it safe to drink? Would it hurt me if drank?

Any ideas on a good place to sell stuff like that? Have a bottle of Dom p that was kept from 1993 until 2012 at 55, 3 months in a fridge and then back to 58 since then. I know with a ballpark of what it's worth that I would enjoy the cash more than the drink.

Ok I got these giving to me and the one is a dom Perino 1985 I looked it up and alot of places had it listed for crazy prices what is it worth and the other one? Also do I store champagne on its side also?

James,

I have been told to not store champagne on it's side. Unlike still wine, champagne should be stored "straight up". The reason, or so I have been told, is that the combo of pressure and dampness can destroy the cork over time.

K&L Wines website has a nice auction site. Your problem is you don't know the history of the wine and especially how it was stored all these years. It might have been stored in a kitchen by the oven for all you know. I don't see how you can sell it in any fashion in good conscience without the knowledge of how it was stored (properly). My $0.02.

Thanks John t and ya I wont try to okey doke anyone I just want to give it to someone who will appreciate it

Latest posts

Back