APPLE WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a few pounds now of crab apples, soon as i get 40lb pears and 20lb of granny smith and 20 lbs of either Lodi apple or red delicious, I'LL be making 9 gallons of my secret\ favorite wine, bins the crabapple are dried i figure 1 pound will do the trick, i put several pounds of dried yellow sergeants crabapples,, stocked up,,,, lol
Dawg
Do the crab apples grow down your way? You will know here pretty shortly as they show up around here with flowers all over them. They are one of the first to shoot blossems. Arne.

Do the crab apples grow down your way? You will know here pretty shortly as they show up around here with flowers all over them. They are one of the first to shoot blossems. Arne.
yes, but i have been fighting cedar rust the last 3 years now, i have several crab apple sergeants yellow crab apples bushes, sergeants both green and yellow grow in a mutil stem bush like babies breath, as far as i know the other types at least round here are trees,
Dawg

Arne I'm near Wichita, There are lots of Crab Apple trees around but no one takes care of them and there always infested. I would buy some if I knew where.
mine have cedar rust, wont know for a while if i got it stopped, been doctoring now for 3 years, got cedar tress on other property, so i can't cut the cedars, i get mine online, they are dried slices, if you're interested let me know and i'll look up the address/site for you, you can get sll amounts or lots, i buy a couple three years worth put in freezer baggies and keep in the freezer, and yes that's overkill , lol
Dawg

mine have cedar rust, wont know for a while if i got it stopped, been doctoring now for 3 years, got cedar tress on other property, so i can't cut the cedars, i get mine online, they are dried slices, if you're interested let me know and i'll look up the address/site for you, you can get sll amounts or lots, i buy a couple three years worth put in freezer baggies and keep in the freezer, and yes that's overkill , lol
Dawg
THANKS, but I have a crab apple tree in the yard. They are all over around here and people just use them as ornimental trees. If needed I was kinda trying to figure how to get some down to you. Arne.

THANKS, but I have a crab apple tree in the yard. They are all over around here and people just use them as ornimental trees. If needed I was kinda trying to figure how to get some down to you. Arne.
thank you so much for the thought, i really appreciate that,,, i found some in all places Albania, stock up, dried ,,,,, then i froze them,
Dawg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back