Apple wine recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot to post the rest of the information on cotes du blanc

This yeast requires nutrient addition for most chardonnay fermentations. Côte des Blancs produces fine, fruity aromas and may be controlled by lowering temperature to finish with some residual sugar. It is recommended for reds, whites, sparkling cuvées and non-grape fruit wines (especially apple, it is reported). Ferments best between 17°-30°C (64°-86°F). Sensitive below 13°C (55°F).

Dave do you have an update on the fermentation?

Just got home tonight. The wife said it was barely bubbling yesterday. Tonight it was going strong. the SG is 1.070. It was 1.082 when first mixed then 1.092 when I added all the apples and such last Sun.
Going well now. I really appreciate the advice. I can't wait to break this out at Thanksgiving. Or sooner.

Last edited:
One thing. My primary is slam full. I was thinking of getting a 1 gallon bottle and pulling some juice when I add additional fruit at 1.02
then using it to top up when in secondary.

Glad to hear it started up, I knew it would! Although, we do not see visible signs, the yeast are working. Pulling the additional juice is a great idea. Please keep the following things in mind. The gallon you pull will need to complete its fermentation to dry or whatever S.G. you are looking to achieve. It most be sorbat-ed and K-meta just like your primary batch of wine( Calculation will be different but quite easy, just follow your dosing recommendation on your product bottle). Other than that you should be good to go. Cheers!

Today I racked to a 6.5 corboy. I had to add the gallon back to the carboy and I am still 1-2litershort. I added 1/4 tsp Kmeta and 1 Tsp K sorbate. I will degas tomorrow. what would you recomend topping off with? I have some Sauv Blanc on the sweet side that I was considering.

What about topping with the same concentrate brand that I used in the original mix?

You certainly can, as long as your fermentation is complete, meaning you have used kmeta and sorbate to stop yeast from multiplying and kill them off. You can use the concentrate to backsweeten. This technique is used in some production of Reisling.

Thought you might want to know I bottled the wine recently and it is great. Thanks for all the help. I have learned alot in the last 10 months and just started another batch of Apple in my first Brute fermenter. 14 gallons made with cider from a local orchard. No preservatives or pasteurization.

DSC_0008.jpg

Awesome great to hear it turned out well! 14 gallons of Apple wine. ..yummy. my pleasure to help. Anytime.. Cheers

I live west of Richmond but the company i work for is based in Norfolk and most of our work is on area bases. Thankfully though for the last several months I am staying home and working in Richmond and on Camp Pickett in Blackstone.

Latest posts

Back