Apple Cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added about 300 ml of my cranberry wine to 6 gallons of the apple. Wine is crystal clear and tastes awesome. I will probably cold stabilize (not sure why), rack add some Gum Arabic and bottle before March.

I was actually considering filtering and bottling this weekend. Flavor is very good IMHO now. I'll need to sanitize about 60 bottles on Saturday morning if I decide to do so. The cranberry sounds like it would be a good addition.

Apple Wine

I'll be making 6 gallons of apple wine from local apple cider. The cider is 100% apple cider with no preservatives or concentrates, but has been pasteurized.

I'm glad I have this thread to refer back to.

Thanks for the information.

Paul

Spiced Apple Wine

I started my spiced apple wine this past weekend. I purchased 10 gallons of cider Saturday.

I took this photo this morning (Monday). It looks as if fermentation is starting off nicely. I was glad to see the recommendation for a cool fermentation. Temps in my basement are cool, about 62 degrees F.

I figure I'll be racking into the secondary next weekend.

Thanks for all the great information in this thread.

Paul

Oct 24-2011-1-1.jpg

Lovely Aroma

Man, I can almost smell it!!

Debbie

Yes Debbie,

The aroma is wonderful!

The recipe I'm using calls for adding cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. I simmered the cloves and cinnamon with 10 ripe bananas. I also dissolved additional sugar in this brew, which I added to my 10 gallons of cider. The aroma is lovely.

After simmering I did remove the cinnamon and cloves. I may add some later using a tea ball, if I want to add additional seasoning. I may add some nutmeg as well.

Back