Anyone Tried This?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
OK, got you here.
smiley36.gif
I was surfing the web and came across this product. It is a combo battery powered racking pump and filter. Anyone have one, tried one or know anyone that has?

I am not really interested in buying one as I have a Mini Jet but then I thought to myself, hmm, wonder if it would work good with gallon batches?

I been thinking about ordering one just for the experimental research purpose but thought I would ask if they had been tried by anyone here.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

http://www.crownridgewinery.com/winepump.htm

Looks pretty cool to me smurfie. I think it would solve a lot of racking problems with gallon jugs.

Smurf:

Based on the pictures of the filter, I don't think you could rack from anything but a bucket, filters to big for the neck of carboys or jugs, and it doesn't say if you can remove the filter for just racking from carboys. It would be pretty cool if you could use i in carboys as well.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like one of the battery operated siphon pumps you'd use for your tractor? Of course, this filters, but.... I don't know, when I see the picture of that dude "racking like a pro," I just see my grandpa doing the same thing when working on his tractor, that's all.
smiley5.gif

Funky Fish said:
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like one of the battery operated siphon pumps you'd use for your tractor? Of course, this filters, but.... I don't know, when I see the picture of that dude "racking like a pro," I just see my grandpa doing the same thing when working on his tractor, that's all.
smiley5.gif

That's what it looks like! Those battery operated hand pumps like you use to fill a kerosene heater with. I had one years ago when kerosene heaters became the fad.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back