Other Anyone got any feedback on ELITE VINTERS?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
I keep going to this site and am very impressed by it. I just wonder if all the money and research went into the nice site, rather than the wine? Anyone tried it, please let me know before I waste $134 bones.

Thanks,
Ryan

Do a search on the site and you will find some input on Elite Vintners. I have done one of their kits- 60% Zin and 40 % Australian Shiraz. It made a great blend and is going on a year old and getting very good. Also, I think their money calculator is off. When I ordered and others have, the price is in Canadian dollars, but the order is done in US dollars- which makes it cheaper. Also, the shipping is included in the price. Their owner stands behind things if there are any problems, just like George.

Mike Arthurs, with Elite Vintners, is very helpful. I've never used him personally, but I've never heard a bad thing said about him, and he has been somewhat active on another forum.

Mike Arhurs and his brother John are very helpful and provide a lot of good information. Unfortunately, the one kit I ordered got lost/destroyed in shipping. With their move issues, I am still waiting to try my first blend from them. I'm guessing it will be another 2-3 weeks before I get it. They do make wine with some different techniques, so you need to follow their directions.

I just got this email yesterday after I posted the above. I don't know why they moved in the first place if they weren't moving to the US. It seems to have hurt their efficiency instead of helping. Hopefully things will shake out and they will get back to business as usual.

*Open for Business

* After a few hiccups involving moves and fixing our delivery issues Elite Vintners is back up and running! Our apologies for the delay.

It was not our wish to be out of touch for this extended period.

*Coming Soon

*As well as our great California varietals, we will shortly be offering product from Australia. As always, these are 100% pure varietal, winery grade concentrates. Our winemaker is always on the outlook for grapes of outstanding quality. As always, we will notify each of you in advance. Our latest addition is Gewurztraminer, a great stand alone wine.

*Kansas City** Cellarmasters

*The 8th Annual Wine Classic for the Greater Kansas City Cellarmasters is complete. Elite is pleased to have been a sponsor of the 8th annual winemaking competition. The winners of one of our customized winemaking kits are Michael Amigoni, Bill Frazier, Jackie Rager and Michael Oglesby. Our congratulations!

Once again, thank you for your patience. My special thanks to all those who stayed in contact during our hiatus.

Best regards,

Mike Arthurs

Please visit us at http://www.elitevintners.com {http://www.elitevintners.com/}Edited by: appleman

appleman,

I thought they were moving/opening up a plant in the US. Did I miss something were they decided to stay in Canada?

Funky,
I thought they were too but last I knew they moved to somewhere else in Ontario. Not sure if they also are moving into the US or not. Mike frequents Winepress.us - maybe you can find out there.

Ryan,
did you end up ordering from Elite Vintners and if so how did it turn out?

Penny

No, unfortunately I didn't. It was one of those things that I was 'going to get around to', but alas, never did.

I found a local guy who orders in varietals from Idaho (nearby) and have a new appreciation for homemade wines from fresh grapes...

Though, I recall reading people being very happy with them so far... but no log term feedback on them.
sorry...

-Ryan

Ryan

Elite Vintners 6.4 L kits are, in my opinion, one of the bestwine kits currently available on the market. Although I've only made two which are now bulk ageing, I've made the equivalent kit from their parent company (Heron Bay wines), i.e. Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon. I've made in excess of 150 kits (mostly high end 16 to 18 L kits) over the past 10 years and the latter two kits are the best kits I've made.

These kits need ageing and I intend to let mine stand for at least 18 months before bottling. If you choose to drink it early, I would let it age for at least 10 months.

If you choose tio invest in an Elite Vintners kit you won't be disappointed.

S. Roy

S.Roy

Have you made any kits with grape packs? If so, are you saying Elite Vintners is still better?

I have only made seven high end kits that included "grape packs" includingfour Cellar Classic Winery Series (RJS) (2 x Valpolicella, 2 x Merlot) and three WinExpert Estate Series kits(Castellina Supertuscan di Siena, a South Australian Single Vintage Shiraz, a Corvina Classico de Veneto), all of which were excellentkits. In my humble opinion, however, the 6.4 L "Micro Winery Series" kits from Heron Bay (Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon), which as I understand,are the same quality products asthe "Elite Vintners" seriesfrom WineKitz are smoother and more flavourable than the a/n kits.

I don't consider myself anexpert wine maker but I always look for the bestproduct available in my region, folow directions and let my wine age (at least one year)and I have no hesitationin purchasing the Elite Vintners (or Micro Winery Series) kits. Currently I have three "Elite Vintners" kits bulk ageing (two Meritage and one Spanish Rioja) and will be purchasing a South African Pinotage as soon as it is released sometime this month.

I realize that personal taste might vary from one individual to another but I am convinced that you will be sold on these kits (if you are patient). Guarantee!

S. Roy

Latest posts

Back